Dollar Bills?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cezanne

Reaction score
I was watching a TV show of some sort on what they do to nails nowadays (fabric, rhinestones, etcetera, etcetera.) and was a bit surprised to hear that you (supposedly) could use DOLLAR BILLS.

A bit wasteful, now that I think about it.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if it is possible, and how you would go about it.

I have also seen this method of decorating the nail but using magazine clippings. I thought it was placed on the nail with a layer of resin i have tried it and it did not work mabye somebody could suggest a different way as it looked really great.

Cristine :)

I recall seeing or reading this somewhere on the internet, they used fabric peices to match a dress over the free edge.

Would it be similar to using fibreglass? Never tried it myself.

I think the Dollar Bills were from a set that Leighton Denny originally did. If it is the ones that I saw in the Magazine then they were fantastic! :shock: I think it is a great idea. :D

It is rare that you will get somebody willing to pay what he got paid for them though! :D

I would have thought though that you just put a base coat on, place the cuttings on the nail, and then just paint a top coat over it. :? Sounds right to me, but I'm not sure.

hi girls i love these nails too! i seem to remeber seeing an advert in one of the nail mags for a company that sells these dollar bill type nail art (cant think what to call it lol)
any ways not sure which one it was or who they where called but as soon as i get a chance i will take a look for you :D nickki jonesx

Sawasdee ka

When i home after work i read about dollar bill in nail and how to do in nail magazine rhonda send to me .

I see some thing very good in magazine make print of news paper on nail and i think good idea .

I can tomorrow bring magazine and put every thing them write in magazine here for make dollar and newspaper print .

Kop khun ka mui

Does anyone know if the VHS's they sell on that website work in the UK? :? Might be me, but i haven't been able to find one English website that sell tuition videos/dvds.

Sawasdee ka

This what say magazine rhonda send Thailand for make nail .

I was interested in the money nails featured in januarys ..on the comback trail i have had many clients ask me how was done can you help me .

Magazine them say .

The nail process is easy clean and prep the nail as usual and apply tips or forms .Using a clear acrylic create the nail just as you would any overlay or sculpture then press in the money.Apply a thin layer of clear acrylic over the money making sure to cap the free edge .Finish the nail as usual .Finding the money to put in the nail is a bit more complicated its illegal to deface u.s currency .which includes tearing the corner off to encase in your nail .its also illegal to photo copy money in fact most comercial copiers will shut down and flash a code alerting the store operator when you try to make a color photocopy of money .The owner is required to report the instance to the u.s department of treasury .Try shopping at a hobby or craft store store for printed money .We hope the new service makes you lots of real money .

This every thing magazine say about this nail kop khun ka mui

sawasdee ka

I bring this for slueless for look how to make money nail this b4 i copy from nail pro magazine them speak how to make and many lady like this nail because after them send letter to nail pro how customer like too much .

After they show how to make nail art from news paper and that look fun i see in photo .

Mui from Thailand

Claire, Designer Nails is based in the UK so their videos are alright to use here. Its also a very good buy (I have it myself).
You can also buy videos from EN, which also are a good learning aid. Although nothing compares to being in a classroom and having a tutor to hand, they are good to look over when you`re practising at home.

Debs said:
Claire, Designer Nails is based in the UK so their videos are alright to use here. Its also a very good buy (I have it myself).
You can also buy videos from EN, which also are a good learning aid. Although nothing compares to being in a classroom and having a tutor to hand, they are good to look over when you`re practising at home.

I think Claire is talking about that Designer Nails (Inc.) link. In that case you need the PAL format to run on UK video's. VHS is USA format. I'm sure Sam will correct me if I am wrong (but don't think I am). :)

HTH's

BTW Debs - Just LOVE your new avatar that C is brill. Well done! :green:

I agree it does look good debs, well spotted kim, I get too engrossed in the conversation.

Thanks for writing all that out mui. As we can't use money, i might try having a browse through some magazines for some nice pictures to encase. A good excuse to sit down and put my feet up for a while! :lol:

Sue x

thanks for that, i did it with a piece of creative ribbon encased in L&P. I was quietly pleased with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back