Don't believe the hype?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clients are the very worst for reading about something and saying 'you should get xyz in, it'd do really well'. Get the stuff in, and they don't bother to get it done.
I did ok with myscara, but we marketed it hard. Lash extensions were a flop, I can't even give my body treatment stuff away, and only about two clients had crystal toes.

Yes I had this also clients saying yes I want a certain shellac colour I did not have. Only to find when I got it In they didn't want that colour anymore!!!!

This was ages ago (when I worked in an NSS) but airbrush nail equipment. Only a handful of people were asking for airbrushed nails in that area, but it was enough to convince the boss to buy a few compressors. Never kicked off- he took it out on all of us techs even though we had nothing to do with it. :lol:

What DID work out for him was what we Chicagoans called a "no-chip" manicure. I, along with another colleague, invested in the OPI axxium range (cuz he wasn't convinced) and it worked out great! (But til this day he still refuses to admit that wasn't his idea haha)

minx :( haven't had one client go for it , they all want shellac

Crybaby was a big flop. Hubby paid for my course for my birthday so at least I wasn't out of pocket-lol
Also glitzy lips and spray tattoos were a waste of money. We don't do much minx either.
Best investments were shellac, lash extensions, lipofirm and intimate male waxing :)

MYscara and dashing diva for me lol I was looking at shrinking violet but that's why I held off .after wasting money on theses two things. I only had one packet of glitzy to try and now I use it as a foil lol very expensive foil though for nail art x

This thread is interesting! On the flip side, what were your best investments too?

My best is shellac and body wraps, my worst is minx and vajazzles.

universal contour wrap, lash extensions, minx, nail art foils, glitter, organic skincare!! I've had the lot and they have all been a waste of money.

Changing my skincare to environ changed my business!

Definitely tooth gems for me years ago, never did one lol

Definitely tooth gems for me years ago, never did one lol

A client came into me the other day with one of them on and it looked awful she was just off to the dentist to have it removed :sad:

Marvelscara was the biggest waste of time and money EVER!

Gellux was my best investment
Lashes my favourite xx

I want to learn ear piercing but cant help feeling like that's the kind of thing that could possibly end up being a waste of money! Does anyone get many clients for it? X

I want to learn ear piercing but cant help feeling like that's the kind of thing that could possibly end up being a waste of money! Does anyone get many clients for it? X

I am qualified in ear piercing. Have done 2 in 12 years lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

I did ear piercing at college 7 years ago and have not done a client since!x

Minx- biggest upset for me! i adore and love it but clients dont. Glitzy lips, well its great to use as a foil for nails but not for lips!
Hopi is 50/50, i think it depends on how you upgrade it as a service. It can do well if advertised well.
On the hair side of things, perms-i hate them and took them off my price list! noone tends to ask for them! xoxo

My biggest waste of time?? Nail art. Nobody in my area wants or even asks for it and I am talking about just simple nail art never mind the complicated stuff.

I was weary about taking on Shellac for quite some time after it came out, but it has really added to my business. I love the product and have had no regrets taking it on in my salon.

I never heard of tooth gems. :lol: This was what popped in my head last night before I googled it.
grillz_detail.jpg

Great Thread as always Lynne.

Minx for me, I didn't heavily invest, about 7 or 8 designs plus lamp and kit so still enough I guess!

I have done 3 sets in a year but I do feel I need to push it more and it would do better. At least it doesnt have a sell by date!

I am investing in HD at the end of the year and looking forward to it, I haven't gone into it lightly and have held off for over 12 months and now I have made my choice.

I also really want to do a course in intimate waxing, I am qualified but not confident, as I turn away a lot of business for this.

Glitzy Lips!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glitzy Lips............urgghhh....what a truly horrible looking fad that was. I was never ever interested in that particular trend and thought it looked proper chavvy :D

Go on, flame me for that comment! :D

PB
x

Latest posts

Back