Don't believe the hype?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not towie that started the orange tans though. I've always liked an orange tan for nights out years before Essex wannabe's morphed into me ;)

Tanning is quite good up north, we get clients for quality rather than price, we use scienna x, a salon up the road rarely gets clients with their offering of £6 cheap tan. X

£6!!!! That's an awful price!!! Even as a client I wouldn't want that tan if that's all it costs!!! :O I use nouvatan my clients really like it :)

minx was a complete flop for me and i never enjoyed doing it either. its off my treatment list now! the heat lamp is a nice addition to my massage treatments so not a total waste of money.
i really held off training in shellac as I've little interest in nails but its proving to be my most profitable treatment.
hoping that my intimate wax training is going to be my long term earner!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

£6!!!! That's an awful price!!! Even as a client I wouldn't want that tan if that's all it costs!!! :O I use nouvatan my clients really like it :)

Same here. Love my orange but want a natural base to it x

How can so many be successful in a treatment that for others is a flop ?

Why is that?

Is it down to the therapist involved ?

If one therapist is run off her feet doing minx for instance whereas another can't give it away.

Is it because one is enthusiastic about a product and as a result gets the very best results whereas another isn't that convinced so doesn't work it to its full potential?

How can one person rave about a product that another rolls their eyes at the mere mention of its name?

Myscara was an absolute sham I think for everyone not just me. Lash perming also.
I wasn't sure about body wraps but they have been a huge success.
Hopi ear candles for me are just one of those things that I get asked for now and then. Mainly for people's husbands!

Which Body wrap are u using?

Body wraps!!!!

Cost me a lot of money to get in (about 6 years ago) .

Never again.

I wasn't sure about Shellac when I noticed the ad for it 3 years ago. Lucky for me I called the then distributors ....kerching!

Can I also ask you which wraps u used please?

Myscara was the worst. Body wraps and shellac i do all day.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Why is that?

If one therapist is run off her feet doing minx for instance whereas another can't give it away.

Is it because one is enthusiastic about a product and as a result gets the very best results whereas another isn't that convinced so doesn't work it to its full potential?

How can one person rave about a product that another rolls their eyes at the mere mention of its name?

I think a lot of it could be down to location, and the therapists enthusiasm of the product x

Why is that?

Yes i think it has a lot to do with the therapist. I hated doing UCW and lash extensions, therefore I think I talked people out of them!

I also hate minx, nail art foil, glitter etc so can't get enthusiastic about any of them either. Luckily most of my clients do not like it either and the few that do go to someone else to have it done :)

Why is that?

Most is location and local fashion/style as well as affordability.
You'll find less prada in my area than you will in Chelsea for instance.
Although there always is a market for a premium line, I use illumina as a premium colour line and get clients for it even though the price is a lot higher. X

Why is that?

For me minx doesn't work-but it's definitely down to my clients not wanting it, and not down to my enthusiasm for it. I love minx personally and actually love applying it too as I do so many shellac it would be a treat for me to change it up. It's just not made me the money I had envisioned at all. But thankfully I bought the starter kit, which included the course and only bought a couple of extra sheets. So although I never recouped the money I haven't lost any business either and with the products I can use them for myself as I really do love them.

I think it's more about timing, you have to get it right. I got minx when it was all over the telly and mags and people went nuts for it, but now no one wants it because it's old news.

Quite often when I get something just as I think a trend is about to happen it never takes off or it'll be big the next year, like hear feathers I got them and promoted them as much as I could but they only became popular the year after. By then I'd sold all my feathers and my clients were telling me about this cool new thing you can get for your hair, had I heard of it?... Yes, last year when I tried to sell it to you! Lol

So true - but you have to tell what are fads and what is here to stay. I too was on a loser with Minx and if I am honest I do not like doing Shellac much either, the lamp is not foot friendly - I got lots of calls for it as well. I think Vinylux maybe for me though.

My worst buy was Dermapure - my clients thought it too expensive. It really is down to what you love - if your clients sense your enthusiasm then I believe generally you will do well.

I used to have a very healthy spray tanning client base, until a girl in my village started advertising herself as "your tanner for a tenner"!
And that, my friends, was the end of my spray tanning business.

!
That has cracked me up! Hysterical! x

So true - but you have to tell what are fads and what is here to stay. I too was on a loser with Minx and if I am honest I do not like doing Shellac much either, the lamp is not foot friendly - I got lots of calls for it as well. I think Vinylux maybe for me though.

My worst buy was Dermapure - my clients thought it too expensive. It really is down to what you love - if your clients sense your enthusiasm then I believe generally you will do well.

Are you using the CND UV Lamp?? You can remove the base to fit feet in :s

Minx is a fantastic addition to my treatment list, I love applying them too, they look so pretty.
I did venture into the world of Swarovski crystal pedis, but only done one pedi, and decided I'd do no more, found them to much of a pain to apply. X

My worst but; shrinking violet! I know I will get shot, but it's true I'm afraid. My clients just not interested, no matter how hard I pushed, talked it up or promoted. It's still on my list but get absolutely no interest.

My best investment? Threading! I was so unsure about doing the course, and hated it initially, found it so difficult. But now makes up over 50% of my business!

I want to learn ear piercing but cant help feeling like that's the kind of thing that could possibly end up being a waste of money! Does anyone get many clients for it? X

I get a client every so often maybe only 3/4 a year but I have only been doing it a year

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back