Don't do Shellac outside!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waxandpolish

Reaction score
Lol ... Well I truly messed up today! Went on a girls weekend to the new forest and my friends asked me to bring my kit so I could do their nails. Beautiful day do thought I'd do it outside sat in the sun. Prepped and then put in base coat - got to 5th nail and my brush suddenly hardened and set! Well I knew there was UVA in the sun but I didn't think it would be strong enough to set shellac in a matter of seconds! Trashed my brush completely. Had to soak it in acetone and even then it wasn't perfect! Retreated to the shade for the rest of the service. Lesson learnt!

I've done this before! With a lot of colours when I was doing nails in the conservatory never again!! Was very frustrating

Yup I've done this as well 😁

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Me too lol, not with Shellac but with gel when I first started using it!

Karaxxx

Me too I was mortified was only my mother in law lol but my poor shellac xxx

I thought the same about where did you plug it in ? ... Lol ... X

I've done exactly the same!!! You only ever try it once lol xxx

Duh... ive done it also x :o:o:o then thought hmmmm interesting so i took my gels to spain.. i painted them in side cured them out side hahah no electric needed. they dont last as long but great for a holiday

This is so freaky lol i did the exact same today & was just about to start a thread asking if there was a way of salvaging my brush haha .. Glad i'm not the only one who has done it! Sadly, i did it with the top coat brush aswell so i now need to buy 2 :(

This is so freaky lol i did the exact same today & was just about to start a thread asking if there was a way of salvaging my brush haha .. Glad i'm not the only one who has done it! Sadly, i did it with the top coat brush aswell so i now need to buy 2 :(

try using the finishing solution , soak brush in it x

Ha yes where did you plug your lamp into?

So glad I'm not the only one!

We were camping but I have a motor home so just threw an extension lead out the window!

I just steeped the brush in acetone and it was fine x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back