Don't want to sell my puppy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We gave a home to a baby shi tzu called Coco before Christmas. We also have a three year old Morkie called Beans.

My husband works from home so all was good in that respect.

Unfortunately, Coco grew much larger than Beans and just sort of intimidated and emasculated him. He went off his food and lost weight and he just wasn't himself.

We realised life for everyone involved (including 3 kids) was not as happy as it should be and to cut a long story short, we had to rehome Coco.

We were lucky enough that she was adopted by our dog groomers son and his gf, so they've sent us lots of piccies and we know she's in her element.

It was heartbreaking to hand her over, but the change in Beans proves that we made absolutely the right decision.

As hard as it will be, do what's right for your pooch xx

Can I ask if you work for yourself or for somebody else? Would a "salon dog" be out of the question? Personally I think it would be super cute (but I am a total animal lover and I know not everyone is). Im glad your going to rework your hours to make sure she gets what she needs, I do however think a trip home for your lunch to let her out to the loo and a quick walk would be perfect :)

Can I ask if you work for yourself or for somebody else? Would a "salon dog" be out of the question? Personally I think it would be super cute (but I am a total animal lover and I know not everyone is). Im glad your going to rework your hours to make sure she gets what she needs, I do however think a trip home for your lunch to let her out to the loo and a quick walk would be perfect :)
I work in west london and live In south so popping home is impossible! And I also work in a betting shop lol

It was my bfs idea to get a dog and that on my working days he would take him. Ofcourse now all of a sudden its MY dog and he won't look after him unless I am there! ( He has had pitts and staffs etc). But when we get in a argument he says he's going to sell him! Its a really annoying situation that ends in my bf being a w*nker.

Either way guys I'm keeping the puppy and will post pics if you want.

I work in west london and live In south so popping home is impossible! And I also work in a betting shop lol

It was my bfs idea to get a dog and that on my working days he would take him. Ofcourse now all of a sudden its MY dog and he won't look after him unless I am there! ( He has had pitts and staffs etc). But when we get in a argument he says he's going to sell him! Its a really annoying situation that ends in my bf being a w*nker.

I sure hope you guys dont have kids!! omg. Glad you are keeping the pup. I think it is so sad to not take on your responsibilities as a pet owner. When i was really busy I booked my dog into doggy day care one day a week. She loved it! Maybe it could be an option?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

LOL damn it, can't see the men in the bookies finding a puppy as cute haha doh. If your pup is chipped and with your name, he can not sell it on you so don't worry. Your pup would soon be found when it visited a vets and returned to you :) Good luck finding a dog walker though, I am sure there will be loads of teens in the area who would be happy to do it for a few £ :)

Please, keep the dog and get rid of the boyfriend. He sounds like a complete A**e hole.

Trapped in a relationship I can't get out of. Its horrible.

No such thing as 'cant' chick. You only get one chance at life so you have to do what makes you happy xxx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Get some help. Now.
This thread isn't about the pup.......wishing you happier times xx

If you want to chat about it, we might be able to help you.

Hey Hun it's such a commitment but you can do it if your really want to!!

Just a few wee tweaks and changes to your daily routine is all it takes! We recently rehomed a 7 month old female husky from our local animal shelter and it's been a massive change to our once very quiet and I admit very lazy lifestyle ...... But, there is no way we would ever go back ! She has brought our house to life and has settled in with a grumpy 12 year old norty torty pussy cat and a very active 5 year old child. I now get up at 5.30 am every day and take her out first thing, it's a brisk sprint for about 30 mins that sets us up both up for day, I too plug in the iPod and off we go. My hubby , depending on his shift times gives her a good run every day and we have a very happy wee lady and a fitter household!!!

Don't get Me wrong I miss the lie in's but we love her sooooo much already and we all get so much enjoyment from her it's worth getting up early for.

If you can't manage all the time I would definitely look up local dog walkers they are worth every penny.

With a Bit of life adjustment I'm sure it will all fall into place xxxxxx

O

Trust me, you are not stuck in that relationship, you and your puppy need to get out.
At the beginning of last year, I felt the same, but with support from friends and family and meeting a very good friend whilst at a wedding abroad, I left the relationship I had been in. I felt there was no way out, but with help(if you ask for it and except it) you can leave. I was living with him and I thought it was easy to try and work things out than to leave and have to sort out the house etc. Wrong, it was mentally and emotionally draining.
A year on, that very good friend I met at a wedding, became an even closer one! He is the best thing that ever happened to me, I didnt want to fall so quickly into another relationship but I did, and he is amazing. I couldn't have done it without him or my friends and family.
So dont every think you are trapped, I know that feeling but you honestly arent.

On the not so nice note, I do agree maybe you should have thought about how you would look after a puppy before buying one, but now you have him you need to do the right thing, and work something out, a pet sitter, walker, help from friends? I'm sure someone will be able to help?
xx

Sorry, but this really annoys me!!! By reading the above, it clearly wasn't a well thought out plan to get this little dog. You say it was your boyfriend's idea and now all of a sudden its YOUR dog!!! This doesn't sound to me to be a loving commitment to this little pet. I personally feel it would be better if this little dog were to be re-homed ASAP. You clearly have too many other issues going on and the little dog is just another problem!! I really can't see the situation changing where this little dog will fit into your life. Please learn from this!!!!!!!! Dogs are so dependent on us and need us for just about everything. They are just like little babies!!!!

As for your relationship - Why can't you get out of it??????? If you feel you are being treated unfairly, then it is because you are allowing this to happen to you! If you don't make the necessary changes within your relationship now, then 2,3,4 years down the line you will be having the exact same problems. The problems will never go away without you sorting them out once and for all.

Really hope you get things sorted x

I would sort my boyfriend right out if he was treating me like that and using an innocent living animal as a weapon!!

My boyfriend gets a talking to if he swears at our cat lol xxx

What really annoys me is you say that ''he doesnt fit in with my lifestyle'' ...er and you didn't know that before you got him such a SHORT time ago?!

I have had rescue dogs all my life and the cycle will never end because of people that just don't bloody think. Get a dog because you really want one and KNOW you can give them all they need and deserve...not on a whim. They are not possessions to be discarded when it suits. My husband is great with our dogs, but then ,I wouldn't be with a man who didnt love animals.

I will leave it at that because I will just end up ranting further.

Latest posts

Back