Double Booking - what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I have a dilemma and I'm still thinking about is so I thought I'd ask for your advice.

I went in to work today and noticed that one client had presumably cancelled and another had been booked in her place.

I thought it was a bit odd as I spoke to her cousin who is a regular and who came in wither her cousin 2 weeks ago when she had her first full set put on, last week to alter their appointments. I know I made the appointments they requested.

I just assumed that the lady had cancelled.

So, my new 2 o'clock came in a bit early so I started prepping for her full set. The rubbed out 2pm came in and I was gob smacked. I went to reception and spoke to her and she said that she never cancelled. I told her I was unable to do her rb as I was doing the other client and I apologised for what must have been a cock up somewhere along the line. I had appointments free on Thurs and Fri which she couldn't make and even offered to go to her home to do it tonight.

This is where my suspicious mind comes in...The last time her cousin came in one of the girls told me she had phoned and asked for a soak off instead of a rebalance as she didn't have enough time and the appointment was changed in my book to reflect the conversation. When she came in and I was prepared to soak off, she denied the conversation and said she was in for a rb. She is renowned as being a bit of a messer.

When I was chatting to the lady in question in reception today I had a sly glance at her nails and they were a right state...draw your own conclusions as I did.

The girls in the salon (hair) say I should forget it, mistakes happen but I don't know whether to offer her a reduction in price for a new full set ( my hubby thinks I should).

Let me know what you think as I don't know what to do....HELP!!!!

Sorry for such a long winded post!

If you think it was a genuine cock up on your part then maybe offer £5 off, even though you did try to rebook offering out of hours appointments. But if you realy think she is a messer then DON'T, cos she'll try it on for evermore. I have done this once, was very embarrassing and was able to sort it out without too much hassle, but just apologised over and over again and said we're all human and make mistakes (didn't offer any discount though).

Ok cock ups do happen.............and you did try to help her out........

I would offer her a little bottle of solar oil....(mini size).............. I never give my time away for free...................unless the plot really requires it....................
Smile confidently without looking smug, give her the bottle and tell her all about the benefits and how it will help her to keep her nails in fab condition................

Keep em sweet but dont let them walk all over you, it is amazing how quick people can spot a door mat or soft touch............ and you are neither babe, you run a business and are a business woman !!!!!!!
Just my thoughts..........

Than ks for that girls. Your thought's double mine. I've done everything I can do, so if she comes back again I will apologise profusely again but not offer any discounts or offers. We're only human after all.

Latest posts

Back