double cleanse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for that pure.
I have just completed a 2nd course in facials, and am considering which range to go with.

lol, the DCG, sounds well 'ard. like some west coast gangstas. Rio will be quaking in their boots when we go round there clad up as the DCG. Maybe we should buy some offensive weapons from argos too! (and im NOT talking rio products lol)

looks like we're all in the double cleanse gang!

can I be presidente (said in a strange mexican accent)?

I am also a double cleanse gal:green:

Clients always comment on how much goes into thier skin after a facial....but remember with cleansing,it doesnt....sorry do not mean to be condesending:eek::lol:....the first cleanse gets rid of dirt,debris,make up,and then the second cleanse removes any excess ...it is like the first is superficial,and the second really cleanses the skin...this is how i was taught at college.

A cleanser should NEVER sink into the skin....just think of all that rubbish just going back onto the skin:eek:....you should have slip,and slide,and glide:lol:

I am a stickler for cleansing....will not ever let a client walk out the door and have them not purchase a cleanser AND a toner...remember French women practically invented toner...LMAO:lol:.....i would rather a client purchase a clenser and toner,and go without moisturisers, and creams:eek:...that is if they are on a budget....just by using a quality cleanser and toner,a professional one,can make all the difference....anyway i have waffled on...and yes double cleanse all the way...:!::green:

My facials ..not exactly what i was taught, but i reckon i can do my own thing now, are.. cleanse, and double cleanse.. and if im steaming i then cleanse again so i even triple cleanse.

thanks fellow geekers!

glad to know that we are all in agreement, and yes, I will continue to double cleanse.

Ann - I double cleanse too - what did the trainer say as to why only one cleanse is needed with their products?

I've not heard of double cleansing! In my facials I cleanse, tone, exoliate, tone. Is this the same as a double cleanse? Don't want to think I'm missing anything!

I've not heard of double cleansing! In my facials I cleanse, tone, exoliate, tone. Is this the same as a double cleanse? Don't want to think I'm missing anything!

When you do your cleanse Sass is it to remove the surface debris/makeup. Do you then remove the cleanser and re-apply again or just apply and remove the cleanser once?

I was always taught to cleanse over the skin twice and this is what I presume people mean by a double cleanse.

When you do your cleanse Sass is it to remove the surface debris/makeup. Do you then remove the cleanser and re-apply again or just apply and remove the cleanser once?

I was always taught to cleanse over the skin twice and this is what I presume people mean by a double cleanse.

Nope I only cleanse once. Never occurred to me to do it twice. Wasn't taught on my VCTC course or by Nimue. You've all got me interested now. (Mind I'll prob get told off by my colleague for taking too long to cleanse after she said people were complaining my 15 minute initial consultation was too long :lol: :smack: ... not that it's any business of hers what I do as she's not a beauty therapist!)

Nope I only cleanse once. Never occurred to me to do it twice. Wasn't taught on my VCTC course or by Nimue. You've all got me interested now. (Mind I'll prob get told off by my colleague for taking too long to cleanse after she said people were complaining my 15 minute initial consultation was too long :lol: :smack: ... not that it's any business of hers what I do as she's not a beauty therapist!)

:smack::smack::smack: - now I know you mean your VTCT course but as you have had a stressful week I will let you off on that one! :lol:

You have got me thinking now though as I did my NVQ2 via a VTCT course but am going to have to look whether it was specified by them or just by the college.:rolleyes:

If i was you I would now do a trebble cleanse and double consultation just to annoy her even more! :lol:

Didn't they teach you double cleanse with Nimue? I did a class at Nimue Aust and they teach it.

The idea is that they first cleanse is just superficial to remove makeup, and the second is to cleanse they skin. SOme companies use a pre-cleanse for the superficial cleanse. My range uses jojoba oil, then you analysis, then cleanse.

wow I must type slow lol

Sas, you can do a quick consult to detemine skin type and make sure shes not alergic or contageous, then do a more indepth while you cleanse. then check the skin over after first cleanse, then cleanse again but make it longer and more relaxing.x

I was taught double cleanse at college and at dermalogica.

Trish :hug:

Always a double cleanse - even in an express facial.

In answer to a few questions:

Oey: I questioned her and she said, that she thought 1 cleanse was sufficient and left it at that. I commented that I thought double cleanse was the 'norm' as it makes total sense.

Also the whole point about 2 cleanse steps, is (as everyone has already commented correctly) to remove grime, make-up and prime the skin. The second cleanse is a deep cleanse, spending longer in the nooks and crannies and to really concentrate on the cleansing at this deeper/longer level. (if that makes sense).

The second cleanse is a deep cleanse, spending longer in the nooks and crannies and to really concentrate on the cleansing at this deeper/longer level. (if that makes sense).

Okay I'm still on a learning curve with skin care, but isn't this what exfoliation does?

Okay I'm still on a learning curve with skin care, but isn't this what exfoliation does?

Exfoliation aids desquamation by removing dead skin cells on the surface. You can do this step whilst under steam to really open the pores at the same time.

as pure said exfoliation aids natural desquamation, but you want nice clean skin to work on. saves the exfoliant wasting its super powers on getting the skin clean when it should be getting rid of the stubborn dead skin cells! lol.

KAPOW!! lol.

Latest posts

Back