double cleanse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
hiya,

I was on my facial course yesterday and was surprised that she only did 1 cleanse as I had previously been trained to superfical then deep cleanse.

Was wondering, is this the norm now?

i was taught to do both too hun , but theres so many different techniques out :green:

have trained with dermalogica and natures way (bellitas) and both courses taught to double cleanse, in fact when I was at college our tutor always said we should double cleanse.

Have you used dermalogicas pre-cleanse? I think if you use that, you only need to use the other cleanser once :)

I got trained through ITEC using Dermologica, did a superficial and then deep cleanse.

Not sure if this is what you mean by a double cleanse??? Can you explain what this is hippy chick as I don't know?

Defo double cleanse Ann for me too.

sorry tinky winky, double cleanse = cleansing twice (superfical and deep).

I have always double cleansed, but the tutor said she just does one, so wondered if all of you experienced skin therapists out there did that too.

I personally will keep the 2 cleanses in.

No, I haven't had dermologica training.

I do a double cleanse, the 2nd comes after I have applied and removed the exfoliant as sometimes some little bits gets left behind and this helps remove any leftovers!
I think it is a nice thing to do as the client must feel they are getting more from their treatment too.
I would also think it depends on how heavy the products are as to whether you do a double C or not.x

Yes always double cleanse for me also, the clients love it and you get a much better result too.

So just to get this right a double cleanse means;

superficial and deep cleanse once

or

do the above twice??

I'm presuming it's once as you do two cleanses>>>????

Gosh I sound stupid:rolleyes:

You should always double cleanse as the first cleanse is to remove dirt, make-up, sebum etc and the second is to ensure all product & impurities have been removed.

I double cleanse regardless of the facial whether it be a full/mini facial or just a skin consulation.

I would ask your tutor why she feels the need to cleanse only once.

You should always double cleanse as the first cleanse is to remove dirt, make-up, sebum etc and the second is to ensure all product & impurities have been removed.

I double cleanse regardless of the facial whether it be a full/mini facial or just a skin consulation.

I would ask your tutor why she feels the need to cleanse only once.

Same here.. double cleanse every time.

So just to get this right a double cleanse means;

superficial and deep cleanse once

or

do the above twice??

I'm presuming it's once as you do two cleanses>>>????

Gosh I sound stupid:rolleyes:

he! he! what are you like?
you do a superficial cleanse to remove grime, refresh the skin, etc.
then you do a 2nd cleanse which works at a deeper level and you spend longer on it.

geddit?:confused:

its just habit for me to double cleanse. first one quickie to remmove irkies, then check over the nice clean skin to find any problem areas, then cleanse a second time with steam.

It fills the facial out aswell. How empty would one cleanse feel?

well thats what I thought tbh!

Well I'm in the middle of doing the advanced facials on NVQ3 and it's definitely double cleanse all the way here!:green:

what do you do in advanced facials pure?

what do you do in advanced facials pure?

We're doing electrical facials which includes Galvanic, faradic, vacuum, high frequency and we have recently started micro-current, better known as the non surgical face lift.

thanks for that pure.

notice you use Eve Taylor skinrange. Are you happy with the range?

thats one thing i miss so much about college, using all the swanky sorisa stuff!

maybe i shoudl see if rio do a galvanic lol....grrrrr......not heard back from them yet, mind you i did all but accuse them of stealing our industry hehe

looks like we're all in the double cleanse gang!

thanks for that pure.

notice you use Eve Taylor skinrange. Are you happy with the range?

I use it at home on myself and I love it. I've converted my mum and daughter to using it too. My only problem is I can't seem to get any bookings in for facials!:confused: All everyone seems to want are nails, feet and tints.

Latest posts

Back