Double dipping!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrissie0444

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have just passed my advance brow course today and I was told not to double dip! I got home and done mine and my partners brows and I realised I double dipped on both of us! I have just put the whole tub of wax in and I feel so silly and the trainer said no double dipping so many times and I go and do it :( will I need to empty my wax out and re start or will it be fine as it was just on myself and my partner? Our skin is normal and no infections etc. But I think he bled a little once but I don’t remember if I went back on it or not :(

Any advice will be helpful! Thank you!!!!

Turn the heat up on your wax pot to max and let it sit for a little while, should help to remove any bacteria. Double dipping is an art in itself and takes lots of practice to stop! You'll get there eventually :)

Where I live is banned to double dip into pot and salon can have problem if they find they do this. Skin naturally is many bacteria and some little bleeding normal for wax so if it go back into pot is contaminated and just little of this can hurt somebody. Is not good practice and you can save pot to only use on yourself if you dont want waste but not use on client.
To kill bacteria inside wax it need to be more hot than for normal hair removal waxing and you not knowing you killed the bacteria unless you send for test to scientist.
If you have problem dipping you can use technique of use 2 spatula one spatula only goes in pot to get wax from pot and then put this wax on spatula two is to spread on client skin. This make sure no contaminated from skin to pot if you do not let wax or spatula touch each other.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back