Double Dipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
When double dipping your bead into your powder and it absorbs all the new powder from your double dip completely but slower then 2 sec does it mean that the bead is to dry now or not?

When double dipping your bead into your powder and it absorbs all the new powder from your double dip completely but slower then 2 sec does it mean that the bead is to dry now or not?

Not necessarily ... it is bound to absorb more slowly on the second dip.

I know sometimes it is necessary to do this, but do not make a habit of it.

Learn how to do it right every time by doing the same thing every time and this makes a bead that is more evenly structured and much less 'hit and miss'.

It,s not of my habit but sometimes you have those few beads that make a long face on my brush :rolleyes:

Good to know that i does go slower with the second dip since i felt a bit insecure about the mix ratio's on those beads.

Thx again for helping me out. They should cloone you so i can have you at work next to me lol :green:

what do you mean by double dipping?

what do you mean by double dipping?
I think mieke is asking about when she has not picked up enough powder on her first dip to do what she wanted to with the bead,

Double dipping can also be used when you dip your brush into one colour powder and then into a different colour powder, this is usually when you want to form a 3d flower and want it to have more than one colour on the petals, or as a colour fade starting out dark and going lighter on the petal for example hth

Latest posts

Back