Double no-show!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBeauty1

Reaction score
Please advise needed :(
I have had a lady 'no-show' twice now!
But....between these appointments she has popped in to book, I'm so frustrated she will come in again in front of a client trying to re-book...again :(
How can I refuse her an appointment?

Bit if history is she's an alcoholic and VERY confrontational :(
She gives me the creeps vibe wise

I would telephone or email her before she pops in. Just had similar problems myself and had to say enough is enough as it messes up my day not to mention my cashflow. I was polite but informed her I was unable to provide her service due to repeat cancellations and being a one person business I could not continue to lose that much time and money.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

If you havent already got her number, take the appointment along with a contact number and call to cancel the appointment when you have no clients in.... Or just ask for a non refundable deposit maybe 50% & say its as you missed your last 2 appointments. Xx

Thank you :)

I have just left her a voicemail (thank god she didn't answer).
I hope I've seen the last of her...well I've not seen her more than I've seen her if that makes sense haha

If she comes on again and try's to book tell her you need a 50% deposit (non refundable) for the appointment.

She has just text me this 'I think you a disgusting, I went to see my dying friend..the last thing on my mind was a stupid appointment. I expect a reply to this and I want to know how you will resolve this, I am in tears!'

Wow.... :( I don't even know what to say to that...wow..

I wouldn't reply, just because you don't want to get into a text argument.
It could be true, or she has made it up!
If she does call you be polite, wish her friend well and suggest another place for her treatment.

I wouldnt reply and if she sends anymore texts, block her number.
If I hadn't shown up for two appointments I would be very embarrassed and too ashamed too ask for another appointment. Some people amaze me they really do!

If she is indeed an alcoholic (not sure how you know this), then they can be very manipulative.
I too wouldn't respond. Why? Because if she thinks you are as disgusting as she says you are then not responding will cement her belief and she wouldn't come to you again anyway. Problem solved!

I'm in shock :(

I'm certainly not going to reply as no good can come out of a reply!

I don't know for a fact she is an alcoholic but I am very sure she has a love of alcohol in the mornings :s

No matter what the excuse is asking for a 50% deposit shouldn't make a difference I would just say to her that's normal procedure for missed appointments. If that was a missed appointment at a dentist she would of been charged a £20 fine and struck off there list. I think your being fair. I hate it when people think they can use tragic circumstances as excuses!

Omg i had this happenntoo. 1st time ever a double no show!

First time was a £200 colour correction for her daughter, having previously sorted mums hair, so mum rings that morning apologising....offering to pay £50 compensation as i had cleared 4 hours for daughter....

Pops in to rebook for herself and i ask her to please please not cancel so short notice again as this appt will be nearly 3 hrs....

She didmt show up and i turned down a hair up and a half head of foils

I called her and left a meseage

Unbelievably she lives opposite the salon and rums her own business

She is now banned from prebooking

How annoying! Definitely don't reply. I lost out on a £106 this week she cancelled only a couple of hours before her appointment :( I hope the horrible woman leaves you alone ((Hugs))

I'm a bit confused, in one post, you accused her of being an alcoholic (on a public forum), and then in another post, you claim you don't know for sure?

Maybe before you say such a strong statement about someone online, think before you post it, as you never know who is reading.

As for her message, definitely ignore this. No good will come from replying. I hope it all settles ok for you. X

I'm a bit confused, in one post, you accused her of being an alcoholic (on a public forum), and then in another post, you claim you don't know for sure?

Maybe before you say such a strong statement about someone online, think before you post it, as you never know who is reading.

As for her message, definitely ignore this. No good will come from replying. I hope it all settles ok for you. X

What I mean is she has never told me herself but it is rumoured around town, Therefore I don't know for sure. I don't want to label this as a reason though as I have a lady who has big issues with alcohol and she arrives to every appointment. I don't want to make this about alcoholism though. But I thought at first this is why I should give her the benefit of the doubt.
I am well aware it's a public forum but if I never write I will never get any advice...
Last night (9pm on a Saturday), I got 2 missed calls off her :(

It's entirely possible to ask for advice without further spreading rumours.
Not meaning to have a go at you, but you just need to be a little more circumspect in what you write. Even if your client had disclosed to you any medical issues it's confidential, and, in this instance, we don't need to know it.
Just keep ignoring her for the time being.

I had the sane and She txt called facebooked after I sacked her.
In the end I had to reply. I just explained
Sorry you feel that way, no hard feelings, my business isy priority, next if luck with your new therapist x

What I mean was best if luck for your new poor therapist lol!!! She called me shocking things blah blah she was a bit mental do happily rid now :). But it's good to put closure to it for her of she willsame

Argh salon geek on iPhone argh!!

Sorry, yes put closure to it and make every txt sound final x

Latest posts

Back