Double toning Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
When doing a double tone do you wash off AND shampoo alone, or just rinse in between? Or looking at pic do you think I can get that in one go?
I’ve got my client gradually from level 3 home dye, 🙄 to about a level 8 bleached with Olaplex and toned with 7/89 & 8/81 last time,
now lifting again today- I’m hoping to achieve level 10, and tone after so was thinking I need to tone out the yellow first, then apply the grey toner she wants? Pic below is what she’s after,
Any toner formulas you’d suggest for mids then ends??
also she doesn’t really understand why I have to tone the hair once it’s lighter, even though I’ve explained it loads of times, and she’s worried the toner will make it look too dark!

Attachments

• 24AA7F79-D292-4E04-AF89-40804CC60B16.png
    24AA7F79-D292-4E04-AF89-40804CC60B16.png
    2 MB · Views: 48
An ashy grey toner will look pretty dark by comparison after lifting the hair to a pale yellow 10.
In your shoes, I’d consider offering to lift to a 10, and neutralise the yellow so it’s still a very pale ash blonde rather than full on granny grey and suggests she lives with it for a week or so (depending on your availability), and you’ll tone it a darker grey next time if she still wants that.

Point out that all this changing from dark to light won’t be good for her hair condition so rather than go full on grey at this appointment when she’s still unsure, you can do it at her next appointment.

An ashy grey toner will look pretty dark by comparison after lifting the hair to a pale yellow 10.
In your shoes, I’d consider offering to lift to a 10, and neutralise the yellow so it’s still a very pale ash blonde rather than full on granny grey and suggests she lives with it for a week or so (depending on your availability), and you’ll tone it a darker grey next time if she still wants that.

Point out that all this changing from dark to light won’t be good for her hair condition so rather than go full on grey at this appointment when she’s still unsure, you can do it at her next appointment.
Thank you, I showed her the grey toners compared to platinum and she actually wanted the white blonde instead rather than the ashy dark blonde (which she’s sent me in an original photo) 🙄 unfortunately this was after i’d done it, and the toner was a lovely colour but not what she ultimately wanted!! Although it was what she’s asked for! Note to self don’t take the clients word for what they actually want! Lol

Latest posts

Back