Double yellow parking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley Blakemore

The Beauty Room
Reaction score
There is a car at the bottom of my road that keeps parking on the corner which is very dangerous. I think at some point the council have done work on the road and painted over part of the yellow lines. This person thinks it's a space but it's obviously not! I have left a note to ask them to stop parking because it's so dangerous but they have been parked there all week. I think it is someone who works at this new nursery over the road as it appeared shortly after it opened and no one else had been stupid or ignorant to park there before! What is my next move? I live in the stockport area . I need to do something about this car as it will definitely cause an accident soon

Is there an exemption or disability badge displayed on the dashboard?

Regardless of any badges etc...they can still be done for causing an obstruction etc. call the police

I would take the number plate, ring the nursery manager and ask if the car belongs to a staff member and explain the danger (especially with children crossing etc, not being visible). Hopefully it's one of them and it can be sorted. Otherwise, ring the council and they will direct you to the right dept. if you explain the situation.

Ring the police on 101 (the non emergency number) and report it. The police can book it & if they continued to park there could even tow the car.

Wow thanks girls I will do all that in that order! I love salon geek!!

Iv just emailed the nursery, if it hasn't moved tomorrow I will ring the council or might go straight to the police as this person has already upset me by ignoring my note!

Can't you phone the nursery? I worked part time in a nursery in the office and we checked the emails once a week!

Phoning would make a better impact. Make sure you speak to the manager. They don't know who you are, so don't worry. The manager will probably have a go at the dimwit who's parking there. Highlight the danger to children. That should do the trick.

The nursery don't know who's car it is, they have their own car park but thought it was a coincidence that the car appeared the same time the nursery is open and is there all day etc....anyway step 2, council or police!

I have rang the council and they are sending someone to investigate and hopefully they will paint the lines back on! Thanks for all your help girls

From what I remember about the rules from my driving instructor days, you should not stop or park opposite, or within 10 metres of a road junction.

The parking in my little town is stupid. Dangerous parking by lazy drivers who seem to have lost the use of their legs and can't walk a few yards.
Anyway, local police asked us to email any offenders. Then they did nothing!

I normally moan about things but never do anything about them but this was just so dangerous, you come off a main busy road and have to turn into my street and this car is right there on the corner so you almost have to stop on the main road to see if there is anything coming down the street in the opposite direction. The markings have been like that for ages but everyone else uses their common sense and doesn't park there even though technically the lines have been painted over, stupid selfish people! It's a shame the council couldn't give them a ticket!

I normally moan about things but never do anything about them but this was just so dangerous, you come off a main busy road and have to turn into my street and this car is right there on the corner so you almost have to stop on the main road to see if there is anything coming down the street in the opposite direction. The markings have been like that for ages but everyone else uses their common sense and doesn't park there even though technically the lines have been painted over, stupid selfish people! It's a shame the council couldn't give them a ticket!
The police can, ring 101 the next time the car is parked there and tell them you feel it is dangerously parked, they will send someone out to look at it and if they agree with you they can book it & possibly tow it away (depending on just how dangerously they feel it is parked).

Latest posts

Back