Doug Schoon technical library

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophie1

Reaction score
I'm sure many of you already know about this and I have searched but threads are mainly about the books.

I typed in Doug Schoon on the Internet and came across Schoon Scientific and Regulatory Consulting Services for the Beauty, Cosmetic and Personal Care product industry. I am amazed at the amount of articles about the science behind nails and the products we use. Had to share this info as definitely worth a read for anyone quite new like myself that has not come across it before.

It's so easy to get caught up in the excitement of nail art, colours, what to buy etc when starting out but the information on the above website is fascinating and already I have learnt so much about the science behind uv gels, lamps, nail structure etc.

I am qualified but have never been taught anything like what I have found out today!

I'm sure many of you already know about this and I have searched but threads are mainly about the books.

I typed in Doug Schoon on the Internet and came across Schoon Scientific and Regulatory Consulting Services for the Beauty, Cosmetic and Personal Care product industry. I am amazed at the amount of articles about the science behind nails and the products we use. Had to share this info as definitely worth a read for anyone quite new like myself that has not come across it before.

It's so easy to get caught up in the excitement of nail art, colours, what to buy etc when starting out but the information on the above website is fascinating and already I have learnt so much about the science behind uv gels, lamps, nail structure etc.

I am qualified but have never been taught anything like what I have found out today!

If I could 'heart' you a few dozen times I would!

I totally agree - science and a good understanding of basic structure, form and the beauty of a perfectly executed enhancement first... nail art and frivolities after.

You can stick glitter on a pig.... but it'll still be a pig :lol:

I watched a web-in-nar(?) on his website last night and couldn't get too sleep cause I had to stay up to watch it. It was absolutely brilliant.

It explained why you should you the correct lamp in detail, what actually happens when you 'cure' the product.
Well worth a watch!

Brilliant, thx for posting, I am going on my hols so will read this whilst sun-bathing!

Latest posts

Back