Dove and tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmorcom

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a lady who I tan regularly. It's very strange as sometimes she goes alot darker than other. I just put it down to hormones etc.

I was chatting to her today and she mentioned dove shower gel and cream . She knows not to use it after a tan but after a week or so she ll start using it untill her next tan. She doesn t use it that day but the days leading upto. My question is - do you think using it at all could effect the resulting tan? Has anyone found this?
Thanks

I've heard people say to avoid certain shower gels and creams before and after tanning - this might be one xx

Dove soap has a neutral ph of 7.
Unfortunately the glycerin is removed and sold to other manufacturers. This then dries the skin out. It is also full of synthetic materials so is not really great for the skin.
It dries my skin out really bad!

Dove soap has a neutral ph of 7.
Unfortunately the glycerin is removed and sold to other manufacturers. This then dries the skin out. It is also full of synthetic materials so is not really great for the skin.
It dries my skin out really bad!

It is also animal tested and has beef fat in it. BARF.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

It leaves a residue on the skin affecting the tan!

It is also animal tested and has beef fat in it. BARF.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Eeww... Yes it builds up a residue on the skin which acts as a barrier to the tan x

Agree re barrier..the stuff is evil !!!!:twisted:

New to tanning and have been looking for information like this. What other products are to be avoided? I have done a search but can't seem to find the answers so assume this type of info is hidden in other topics? Thanks very much xx

New to tanning and have been looking for information like this. What other products are to be avoided? I have done a search but can't seem to find the answers so assume this type of info is hidden in other topics? Thanks very much xx

There is quite a range of products to avoid, I print out a list for my clients included with the aftercare advice. I can PM it over to you if you want. There are some on there that you may not recognise as it is from when I was working abroad and I havent updated it, mainly because people may come across them when on holiday.

There is quite a range of products to avoid, I print out a list for my clients included with the aftercare advice. I can PM it over to you if you want. There are some on there that you may not recognise as it is from when I was working abroad and I havent updated it, mainly because people may come across them when on holiday.

Cheeky I know but would you mind pm'ing me the list too please? It's just what I've been after! Thank you! Xx

Could I have the list also please if you have time! Thank you x x x x

It seems the list you mention would help more than 1 person (by the few posts also asking for a copy of the list) so why don't you make a new thread and list them so everyone can find it when they search - you will get a lot less PM's and help all those looking for what products to avoid now and in the future too.

I'm aware of Dove and generally tell clients to avoid any moisturising shower gels and to ensure that all shampoo & conditoner are thoroughly washed off the skin in their last shower before the tan.

It seems the list you mention would help more than 1 person (by the few posts also asking for a copy of the list) so why don't you make a new thread and list them so everyone can find it when they search - you will get a lot less PM's and help all those looking for what products to avoid now and in the future too.

I'm aware of Dove and generally tell clients to avoid any moisturising shower gels and to ensure that all shampoo & conditoner are thoroughly washed off the skin in their last shower before the tan.

Thanks love, thats a good idea,will try to update the list and post it a little later today, catching up on paperwork today geting ready for a busy few days ahead. :D

Just posted the list, please feel free to add further products. Hope this helps and please be gentle with me if anyone disagrees.

Thanks very much. Will look it up now xxx

Latest posts

Back