Dove natural tan!!!!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma m

Reaction score
I dont usally wear fake tan but someone recommend the Dove moisturiser with the natural tan in it so i thought i will give it a go, all i wanted was a little bit of colour. Well I applied it last night after my bath and you should see me this morning ive got streaky legs! and ive got to go to work like this:eek::eek:. I am a beauty therapist and should know what iam doing but i look a right mess with a tan thats gone wrong.:lol::lol:

Has anyone else tried this cream? what have i done wrong?

:hug:

Iv had the same problem....i didnt think the tan would be so dark !

I dont usally wear fake tan but someone recommend the Dove moisturiser with the natural tan in it so i thought i will give it a go, all i wanted was a little bit of colour. Well I applied it last night after my bath and you should see me this morning ive got streaky legs! and ive got to go to work like this:eek::eek:. I am a beauty therapist and should know what iam doing but i look a right mess with a tan thats gone wrong.:lol::lol:

Which one did you buy? The normal-fair or the normal-dark?

I've started using the darker one after using the fair one (I am so pale naturally I look blue) and its been ok for me, maybe a little patchy around the ankles and wrists but generally ok?

Did you apply it in circular movements like "real" fake tan?

One thing you could do is buy a wash off tan, like Rimmel just to cover your legs for a few days?

i use the dove fake tan. it can go a bit streaky sometimes but recently ive put it on after a few hrs in the sun to top up my natural tan and it's not so bad. also once i've put it on i use some damp cotton wool to rub over my ankles, heels, knuckles and elbows as this is the main place it goes a bit orange! i think due to dry skin!

In my experience of using it, I found that if you are not too heavy handed with it, it's fine.

I think it's so tempting to think, " I know , I'll slap a load of it on, and by the morning I'll have lovely tanned legs.."

This doesn't work. Yep you end up with streaks! If you just apply a small amount on each application, it allows the tan to develop slowly but evenly. Really it needs to be done over a matter of days, very gradually.

But to be honest, I'm not over keen on the smell of it when the tan develops. To me it smells of old stale biscuits!Mmmmm nice!:lol: So I don't use it any more.

:green:

But to be honest, I'm not over keen on the smell of it when the tan develops. To me it smells of old stale biscuits!Mmmmm nice!:lol: So I don't use it any more.

:green:

it's funny u should say that - my mum said the same thing. not about biscuits but that its got a stale smell. i really like it though!! my mum bought the johnsons one to try coz she prefers the smell but to be honest i think that goes more orange!

however, my auntie's been using the dove and looks really naturally tanned. she started with the lighter one then moved to the dark one

Ive tried alot of the moisturisers with a 'hint' of tan, a hint my bum! I have woken up the next day, streaks and all! I have applied it just as I would fake tan, I always exfoliate anyway, so that wasnt a problem!
I have found them all horrible! lol xx

I use the dove tan, and have to say love it. but the only problem i have is if i apply it a night by morning every wheres got a nice tan apart from my legs.
i find my legs only tan after a few more applications. strange:confused:

Perhaps they should re-name it Dove Un-Natural Tan :lol:

I always use the dove and have had no problems with it. I apply it after every shower, and if before bed make sure its well and truly dry, also instead of applying large amounts try small and often it stops the streaks. i reacently tried the Nutragena one and it workd a treat.

I have to say I love this, both me and hubby use it all the time and we do eachothers! :green: hardly any streaks then, only a slight build up around the fingers sometimes:green:

that sounded quite rude actually didn't it??:lol:

i really like the dove one, i even use it on my face and have had no problems, think the trick is not to use alot and to keep rubbing it in evenly until its all absorbed

I use the dove tan, and have to say love it. but the only problem i have is if i apply it a night by morning every wheres got a nice tan apart from my legs.
i find my legs only tan after a few more applications. strange:confused:

I think thats because the skin on your legs is different and self-exfoliates more often that the rest of your skin.... I'm sure a Skin Geek could elaborate on that!

I love the dove tan and I've just applied it before logging on here!!!

I've never had any streaks or patches but maybe a little heavy on the heels/ankles/wrists as mentioned before.

Don't know what the secret is maybe just suits some skins more than others.

You should all try St Tropez Everyday - never had any problems with it at all and if you apply all over, three days in a row, you end up with a lovely colour. Found my legs were really brown just like the rest of my body too! I'm really fair and use the fair to medium but there is a medium to dark too.

I really like the dove tan moisturiser:), I have tried all the others, and there has been one thing or another that I don't like about them:mad:. Dove has been the only one that gives me a good colour without going patchy or streaky (and yes i do exfoliate!), but also keeps my skin hydrated, as I have very dry skin. As others have mentioned, make it is completely rubbed in, and use small amounts. The only time I have ever had a problem with this tan was when I slapped loads of it on thinking I might go a bit darker with one application, it just made uneven.

hope this helps:)

Thanks for all your replies.

I am a little less steaky today as i tried to scrub it off last night and managed to even it out a little. I thought it was just me that it happened to but i was speaking to a few of my students yesterday and they all said that the same had happened to them using Dove.

I might give the johnsons one a go and see if happens with that one too, but then again i might just stick to being like a milk bottle!!!!!:)

Hi,
I use the Johnsons holiday skin, and I think it's fab..... I put a little moisturiser over my knees and feet letting this soak in and then a small "blob" of johnsons over the top. It's a really natural looking colour and (so far!!) it has never looked streaky or stained over the rougher skin areas. :)

I've started using the Johnsons one too, and I think it's really nice. I'm very fair skinned (think milk bottle/glow in the dark) so any streaks would show up a mile off, but no problems so far. I had a bit of a disaster last year with the St Tropez though - Tango lady!!!:eek: Fortunately I only put it on my legs or I think I would have just hidden indoors for a week until it wore off.

I'm not a trained beauty therapist but have had very good results with the Dove range, more so than with any other self tan lotion i've tried to date?

Latest posts

Back