Down in the dumps about clients Cheer me up please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
Ugh third no show this week. I bent over backwards and fitted this woman in tonight and guess what she cant be bothered to show up or call and cancel. She only booked this morning!
Earlier this week I was forced to move a client (whod been to me before) due to a hospital appointment. She couldnt do the alternative date so I said look as Im the one changing your appointment I will open especaily for you on a tuesday evening which she was really pleased with - and she didnt show up!
And on Sunday evening a woman rang and said Help Im going to a party and I need my nails done now. I was sympathtic so said ok got ready and hey - no show.

BAH HUMBUG!

Hey someone tell me a joke quick :wink2:
Ami

clients hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!...they forget we have a life aswell!!!!!....chin up huni...next week you will have clients that do turn up...dont let these clints make you :evil:....xmas soon and you can have a drink..or two or even 3!!!!
here is something funny for you to watch xx
YouTube - funny animal clips!

Ugh third no show this week. I bent over backwards and fitted this woman in tonight and guess what she cant be bothered to show up or call and cancel. She only booked this morning!
Earlier this week I was forced to move a client (whod been to me before) due to a hospital appointment. She couldnt do the alternative date so I said look as Im the one changing your appointment I will open especaily for you on a tuesday evening which she was really pleased with - and she didnt show up!
And on Sunday evening a woman rang and said Help Im going to a party and I need my nails done now. I was sympathtic so said ok got ready and hey - no show.

BAH HUMBUG!

Hey someone tell me a joke quick :wink2:
Ami
Hun your should charge then for doing this.
I missed my driving lesson today, went out and totally forgot so as soon as i got home i dropped the money in to my instructors house. I know for a fact that he wouldn't of took it if he was in but i feel like why should he loose out just because i "FORGOT" my lesson.
I felt terrible.
Some people are just out of this world ain't they.

JOKE
3 men naked in a sauna, an American, Japanese and Irishman.
They hear a beepin sound, the American touches his arm and says "that's my pager, i have a microchip under my skin."
Next a phone rings and the Japanese man lifts his palm to his ear, "i have a microchip in my hand."
The Irishman feeling very low tech goes to the toilet and comes out with toilet paper hanging from his arse.
"Oh jaysus, would you look at that, i'm getting a fax!" :lol:

ღMandyღ;674995 said:
Hun your should charge then for doing this.
I missed my driving lesson today, went out and totally forgot so as soon as i got home i dropped the money in to my instructors house. I know for a fact that he wouldn't of took it if he was in but i feel like why should he loose out just because i "FORGOT" my lesson.
I felt terrible.
Some people are just out of this world ain't they.

JOKE
3 men naked in a sauna, an American, Japanese and Irishman.
They hear a beepin sound, the American touches his arm and says "that's my pager, i have a microchip under my skin."
Next a phone rings and the Japanese man lifts his palm to his ear, "i have a microchip in my hand."
The Irishman feeling very low tech goes to the toilet and comes out with toilet paper hanging from his arse.
"Oh jaysus, would you look at that, i'm getting a fax!" :lol:

ow mandy your soooo funny...lol xx:lol::lol::lol::lol:

joke...what is the differnece between a areoplane and a baby????
areoplane goes from city to city....baby goes from tit*y to tit*y!!!!!!.
my 14 year old told me that...no joke thats the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: Bless you girlies - that joke is fab Im gonna tell that one to my other half later (his irish and all!) :hug:

Ami

:lol: Bless you girlies - that joke is fab Im gonna tell that one to my other half later (his irish and all!) :hug:

Ami
LMAO got loads of Irish jokes, my mate is Irish, total nutter she is! :lol:

Kill em - they don't come back but you feel better:green::green::green:

going back to the original thread...................

I get in such a strop with clients that they KNOW not to mess me about.
I do not tolerate being messed around. Why should I be the one to suffer?

I state to them after the first appt, that I expect at least 24 hours notice and that seems to stick in their mind. tbh I still get messed around a bit but not as much as most peeps.

EDUCATE YOUR CLIENTS.

After a no-show, I always ring them up within 5 minutes, and let them know that I AM WAITING FOR THEM TO TURN UP. This seems to make them more accountable, ie they haven't turned up for an appointment, the therapist is waiting at the other end to give the treatment booked therefore the non-attendance is accountable for.

A friend was coming for an appointment today, it was actually a free treatment as she had won it in a raffle at my open evening.

She was stuck in traffic, so she rang, I told her AS I DIDN'T HAVE ANYONE ELSE IN, I would be willing to give her the full treatment, she acknowledged that I would have had to cut the treatment short if she had turned up late and I had another client booked in.

If I can instill this in a close friend, I'm sure you can do this to your clients, longstanding or new.

Hippy-Chick Hiya I totally agree with what your saying and with regular clients it works but I often find with new clients when I ring after 5 minutes (which I always do!) they often dont answer. Now to me thats enough of a sign they aint turning up and to be honest I dont care enough to keep ringing them i would think thats unprofessional anyway. Lets be honest how many people that have never been to you before ring to book and appointment dont show up call or answer their phone then rebook? Its never happened to me :lol:

Adele Kill em - liking that idea:wink2:

I still just think its SO rude I mean they could even text I cant be bothered but thatd be better then sitting thier like a plum with all the fresh towels and water out staring out the window :rolleyes:

Nope not thinking about this no more the fact is THEY SUCK :lol:

Ami

I know exactly how you feel, its just so rude. I too always phone my client up after 15 minutes if they don't show up. I have found that the nice one's apolagise and have usually just forgot and the rude one's just don't answer the phone and I don't hear from them again.:irked:

no, I wasnt referring to new clients, you are absolutely right. You have no control over new clients, and tbh, no control over anybody.

But, if you have a policy set up, and tell your clients what your policy is, that is usually good enough for MOST normal people. I will have people not turn up, and not answer the phone. I really don't expect to see them again.

I also understand that people have a busy, stressful life, and I'm not an ogre. I generally give clients one benefit of the doubt and let them off, but tell them that next time they don't turn up or cancel within the 24 hours, I will then charge them.

all my now shows and screw around clients i am sending to the local NSS, yes i am cutting off my nose, but sometimes these bitches need to be taught a lesson, i'm over helping them out and pandering to their needs, they can piss off to the Lumpy Bumpy Nail Company , some peeps crawl up customers bums ...... and sometimes customers need to show a little more respect.
I'm a Nail Technician ..... not a slave.

Don't ya just hate them !!! People just do forget but a call once they've realised would go a long way.

Another thing I hate are clients that haven't showered before their waxing appointment. I had one this week and it was a male Brazilian.......believe me .........that ain't nice. Still, I ACCIDENTLY waxed his arse together so he won't be booking again in a hurry. He'll be picking lumps of hard wax out until Boxing Day.........ha ha........Serves him right the dirty little soap dodger.

I just luv it when they phone 20 mins after their appointment to let you know they are running late ......... guess what, i already know they are running late, i've been waiting for 20 mins for them...

Don't ya just hate them !!! People just do forget but a call once they've realised would go a long way.

Another thing I hate are clients that haven't showered before their waxing appointment. I had one this week and it was a male Brazilian.......believe me .........that ain't nice. Stlil, I ACCIDENTLY waxed his arse together so he won't be booking again in a hurry. He'll be picking lumps of hard wax out until Boxing Day.........ha ha........Serves him right the dirty little soap dodger.

ow MY GOD !!!!....i cant help laughing at this....your soooooo funny.lol lol xx:lol::lol::lol:

I just luv it when they phone 20 mins after their appointment to let you know they are running late ......... guess what, i already know they are running late, i've been waiting for 20 mins for them...
so what is your reaction?

glad its not just me - i had a woman on monday - she only booked the appointment on sat - 5 mins before her apointment i was just turning down her street - when she rung to cancel cos she was going carol singing.

needless to say im not fitting her in before xmas. once again i - like you have bent over backwards to get people in before xmas - wearing myself out in the process with 14-16hr days and they just abuse the fact by cancelling 5 mins before or not being in when you go round.

im not taking on any new clients now till new year - i have a waiting list for if i have cancellations - im having a night off next week - i think i deserve it xx

Latest posts

Back