Dr’s note required?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Hiya … I have a client booked in for Thai Foot Massage but when she came last week for nails she said she had had an op two weeks ago and crashed on the operating table, her oxygen levels went down to 3%, supposedly due to a lung infection … they were the details she shared anyway, and she was in intensive care for a few days.
Ive checked with my Thai foot massage contraindications (I’m fairly new to this, February) and Altho it doesn’t seem to cover anything exactly like this I feel uneasy now about doingthe foot massage and want to ask for a dr’s note. She has been a nail client for 15 years plus (not relevant I know!)
I feel like the details of what happened in hospital are sketchy and vague and don’t want to worsen anything potentially brewing.
a) would you be the same and if so
b) how on earth would I word this (was going to send her a message), as nothing in the actual contra-indications covers this exact scenario
Thank you

Gut instinct tells me do not treat!
The therapist in me says to wait until you have contacted your insurers about this particular matter. They are your go to and you need them behind you if needed.
Either way , 2 weeks since surgery which in turn ended up badly for her is far too soon.
Just tell her that it is a matter for your insurance to comment on, and that her continuing good health is the sole reason for opting for a delay to treatment. You aren't saying that it's a no , just a delay to be on the safe side.
If she won't be mindful of the dangerous situation that she was in , then you will have to be.
Whether it's a Dr's note or verbal permission needed from a clinician, again your insurers will guide you.
Good luck.

2 weeks after an op is a no no for any type of massage or heat treatment in my opinion. Do you know what op she had done?
I'm guessing it was fairly major surgery requiring a general anaesthetic, you would be unlikely to 'crash' with a local anaesthetic unless it was an anaphylactic reaction possibly.
I would say that due to insurance constraints you are unable to carry out any body treatments for 3 months minimum and see how her health goes.
I would say ok to do her nails (no massage though), hopefully she will be happy with this.

Latest posts

Back