Drama, or do I just Lie ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with telling her the truth....you love her dearly and i think she thinks the same of you....you ain't "just" her nail tech and she ain't "just" a client....you both sound like more than that to me....your friends. So treat her as a friend and just say that you would love to come celebrate with her but unfortunately that restaurant is a little out of your price range....i bet $200 she replies with...."silly its on me"...to which you say...."thats very kind of you and will look forward to it"...the you can surprise her with the flowers while you are there.

Great idea! :hug:

I was also thinking along the lines of: "I really want to be part of your special day but (date/time, etc...) is not good for me. How 'bout I take you out, just the two of us, to celebrate?"

That way, Carl, you control where you go and how much to spend. If my nail tech (or anyone for that matter) said that to me, I'd be thrilled.

With friends (which it sounds like you are) the money amount of the gift isn't important...the fact you want to spend time with her will make her day.

HTH and best of luck to you! :hug:

I agree with telling her the truth....you love her dearly and i think she thinks the same of you....you ain't "just" her nail tech and she ain't "just" a client....you both sound like more than that to me....your friends. So treat her as a friend and just say that you would love to come celebrate with her but unfortunately that restaurant is a little out of your price range....i bet $200 she replies with...."silly its on me"...to which you say...."thats very kind of you and will look forward to it"...the you can surprise her with the flowers while you are there.

I totally agree. You clearly mean a lot to her, and she to you, what a lucky duo! I would tell her honestly and given how much she obviously thinks of you I can not believe there will be any upset caused xx

I'm with the 'honesty is the best policy' team, but if you really don't want to tell her you're skint how about saying you're fully booked that day, but you'll swing by about 3 for a quick drink with them when they're done. That way you get to see her on the big day, be part of the celebrations and keep your hardearned in your pocket

If she is a good friend as well as client, I think you should be able to tell her it is out of your price range without you being embarrassed or her offended.

If you really don't want to say you can't afford that particular restaurant, why don't you suggest that since you are terribly busy could you not just go for a quick lunch or sandwich.

Keep us posted! x

Kind honesty is one of the most attractive and admirable features that a person can have. It shows that a person is trustworthing, genuine and confident with who they are (even if it is an uncomfortable situation). More importantely being honest with someone will show them that you care about them and do not want to lie to them. I think more bad feelings are caused because we believe being honest with someone will hurt them and we end up getting caught up in a missunderstanding, then at what point do we come clean.

Its about the only good thing that can come with age because when we are younger we try so hard to be accepted and fit in, when in actual fact, when I look back at all the people I admire most now, they are/were the ones who were brave enough to be kindly honest with me and in turn hurt me the least even if I had to get me head around what they said at the time.

Just be honest and say what you have said in your post and how much she means to you as a friend.

I'd definitly be honest, and just say sorry you really can't afford to go out for the meal, but what about another night, and suggest somewhere in your price range, or perhaps arrange to meet here after if they are going out on the town. If she really is a friend she will understand. As if you lie and she finds out think she would be hurt, and no point skinning your self for 1 night. Really hope you manage to sort something out xx

Hi Carl, what about asking her what time the meal is again ? and just say well you may not be able to make it for the actual meal but.... maybe you can join them for a drink a little later
this may work what do you think .... ?

Then I would take a Doggie bag too lol :lol: x x x

Personally.... I would go... have a great time... and risk having to cough up $200!

Is it a 'special' birthday??

I think it is going to mean A LOT to her to have you there, which also means she may be hurt if you're not there... and she is good to you, so just do it!!!!

If it was me carl I would say what sort money are we looking at to take to the meal so i can get it together before I go and see what she says.......
maybe then she will say its on me babe then you can breathe lol.
It does sound like you have a fabulous relationship.
Debbie x

Hi , yes my joking apart Carl, I know exactly how you feel
as the very same thing happened to us not so long ago ,and with a lot of American relatives so I didn't want to miss seeing them all
and I would have dearly loved to have gone out for the meal with them too just like you ... but funds were very tight
so we declined the meal with some good excuse
but we turned up for drinks later on , and it was fab to see them all and there was no embarrassing moments :hug: hth x minky

I think as it's highly likely she will pay I would risk it and go. You know you are going to have a great time and that she will really appreciate your company on her special day. I bet the memories of the day will outweigh the hole in your pocket!!!!
From a risk taker x

Well?
I read this thread with great interest, and agreed with so many people on it I felt I didn't need to keep duplicating the advice given, but I keep checking back to see how it all went, and since no one else has asked I feel I have to!
So what happened in the end up .....did you go or did you stay Nailzoo?

Latest posts

Back