Dreaded timings! How long do you all allow for full sets?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Round here we have lots of cheap salons which can do a full set acrylcs in less than 45 mins (e file the natural nails to the point of being paper thin, shove on tip, efile a little more, shove on acrylic in one big blob, efile more and then slap on some stick charge £8 bobs your uncle).

I personally take a lot longer- 1.5-2h but then i'm a newbie (ish). How long do you all block out for your gel mani's and full sets of acrylics and UV gels? whats reasonable? what about those who work or own a salon - as time is money in a salon but you want to offer a good service top!
whats the industry norm for a decent salon!!!!

I haven't done many sets of gel extensions but I found it takes me between 1hr 45 mins to 2hrs and thats just to put clear gel extensions on! :Scared:
It doesn't include the Gelish colour and nail art :(

So I book out 3hrs, I know it seams excessive but I'm new plus i'm not fully booked everyday, I just do clients here and there at the mo. It's never took me 3hrs, the longest was 2.5 hrs but I'd like to be sure as i'm not experienced.

I'm waiting for my Brisa lite to be delivered today so i can't wait to get extensions back on my price list and start doing them more as i know I'll get faster in time.

I haven't done many sets of gel extensions but I found it takes me between 1hr 45 mins to 2hrs and thats just to put clear gel extensions on! :Scared:
It doesn't include the Gelish colour and nail art :(

So I book out 3hrs, I know it seams excessive but I'm new plus i'm not fully booked everyday, I just do clients here and there at the mo. It's never took me 3hrs, the longest was 2.5 hrs but I'd like to be sure as i'm not experienced.

I'm waiting for my Brisa lite to be delivered today so i can't wait to get extensions back on my price list and start doing them more as i know I'll get faster in time.

Have you done the course? I'm going to buy some with the lamp soon but not yet booked onto their course

I book out 90 mins for full set of enhancements and can do shellac or basic nail rating that time , I book out 40 mins for gel polish to include basic nail art/glitter etc. it never takes me as long as the time booked out but I like to be able to chat with clients and make them feel relaxed and I spend a few mins after retailing items.

Timing comes down with experience and the more you do, when I was doing back to back extensions I was much quicker but as I mostly do shellac or bio sculpture now I'm a bit slower. As long as clients are aware that you take that amount of time and give them great nails with no nail damage don't worry too much....just make sure you charge accordingly, forget about the cheap salons up the road, they are not your competition!!!

Have you done the course? I'm going to buy some with the lamp soon but not yet booked onto their course

I really want to do the course but work in a school and can't get time off, so i think the nearest time will be the easter hols next year :(

I really want to do the course but work in a school and can't get time off, so i think the nearest time will be the easter hols next year :(

Tell me about it.... Getting the time is so hard! I really want to do it so I can make my cv better as I'm looking to work in a salon for a while but u haven't got enough annual leave untill next year!

Latest posts

Back