Dress a Nail Competition Spring/Summer 2009

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 16 entries in the last one, lets see if we can equal if not better that entry.
:) I take it you mean the last Toe comp? The Stiletto one had 35 entries :Grope: :hug:

Sorry, yes I meant the last toe one.

Does it have to be a shoe ?? I dont own any ? lol how bad is that, I'm a trainers and boots girl :)

Could I enter something daft ?? as long as toes are showing ?:lol: ( with footwear obviously )
if so I have an idea :hug:

Last edited:
Does it have to be a shoe ?? I dont own any ? lol how bad is that, I'm a trainers and boots girl :)

Could I enter something daft ?? as long as toes are showing ?:lol: ( with footwear obviously )
if so I have an idea :hug:

You don't need to own the shoe Tracey....just have a pic of it. I have trawled through all sorts of shoe website looking for inspiration.
Just make sure the pic isn't going to breach any copyright laws! :eek:
Enter it along with the pic of the tootsies you have been inspired to do by the shoe.

You don't need to own the shoe Tracey....just have a pic of it. I have trawled through all sorts of shoe website looking for inspiration.
Enter it along with the pic of the tootsies you have been inspired to do by the shoe.

Lol without giving too much away, its not exactly a shoe !! but it is footwear :) I think I'm just going to go for it anyway, might give some geeks a giggle :lol:

Lol without giving too much away, its not exactly a shoe !! but it is footwear :) I think I'm just going to go for it anyway, might give some geeks a giggle :lol:

What is the definition of shoe - something you wear on your foot as in footwear so I dont think you will have a problem - go for it!

What is the definition of shoe - something you wear on your foot as in footwear so I dont think you will have a problem - go for it!

lol thx :hug: off I go planning now :)

How intriguing...I can't wait!!!

Or skates?lol. I cant' wait to see! I'm so excited and hope loads of people enter!

Another question....can the toes be adorned - eg toerings?

Sam x

Another question....can the toes be adorned - eg toerings?
That'll be fine... one of the entries from last time had rhinestones up the toes.
(Don't go giving too much away though, otherwise we'll all know who did what lol)
hth's :green:

Lol...That's why i said eg.. toerings. I haven't even got a toering (yet) so was just wondering if we were allowed to put anything at all on the toe rather than the nail if we wanted to...I might do...or i might not. hehehehe.

I'm soooo looking forward to the 'footwear' surprise that a certain tech is doing!

Sam xx

I hope I don't seem too dense here but obviously I know what copyright means, but I am unsure how I am supposed to know whether an image taken from the internet is going to breach any copyright laws. The only thing I can think of is the image has the owners name across the image in faint text etc.

The pic of my shoe I have taken it from an online shoe shopping website. There is no names or designer names on the shoe, so will this pic be ok?

thanks for your help and apologies if its really obvious to everyone else :confused:

anne xx

Yes you are right Anne, as long as there are no designers names or shops names visible on there they will be fine,

Sandi has kindly offered to edit any pics of shoes that may have a designers name visible on the pic though, hth

oh thanks louise for clearing that up, I did feel a bit of a numptie putting the post up. I bet you're looking forward to seeing everyones entries, it will be good judging but somehow I don't envy you :lol: its gonna be so hard cos everyone is super talented. You'll probably get some serious shoeaholic withdrawal symptoms, I can see you going into leeds for a shopping trip.

hope youre well :hug:

anne xx

Your not wrong i will want details of where all the shoes are from lol and i cant wait for Sunday to see the entries.

OH MY GOSH GUYS!!! :green:

I have ACTUALLY done mine tonight!!!

Yaaay, made time to do it tonight else I wouldn't have got around to it before the weekend!

Problem is though, I dragged my poor mum out of her bedroom as she was ready to go asleep to get her to take all the pics, and so coupled with the fact that it was unfair on Mum to keep her awake, my leg was really aching from posing too, so I didn't get the perfect pic!

I am so pleased with the great design match too!! :cry:

Oh well... At least I am finally entering one though!! Yaaaaayyyy!! :hug:

xxxx

Last edited:
Lol...That's why i said eg.. toerings. I haven't even got a toering (yet) so was just wondering if we were allowed to put anything at all on the toe rather than the nail if we wanted to...I might do...or i might not. hehehehe.

I'm soooo looking forward to the 'footwear' surprise that a certain tech is doing!

Sam xx

lol I'm not 100% certain if I will be able to get it done in time, got my daughter off ill, and very busy tomorrow !! I will try tho,,I dont expect to win, no way lol, It's the fun factor for me :lol:

Will all the entrants be shown ? wether they place or not ?? x

How many entries have we got today?!

Sam x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back