'dressing' a massage couch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
gone are the days when you slapped some threadbare mismatched college towels and a fleece blanket on the couch. Now its making a statement!

So, how do you set your couch up, do you dress it and then quickly remove any decoration as the client is ready to lie on it?

Or, have you any ideas on how to make the couch look divine?

i have always wanted one of them koziquilts but hardly ever do facials so no point ,
but have to say i do mine with towels and a fleece blanket :eek:, although i stick a fake lily on the make it look nice , :lol:

I'm sure that your towels are not threadbare and have stains on them like at college!!! I think that was the picture that I had when I posted this question.
But, must admit to not liking the fleece micro blanket things, they remind me of baby blankets.

I'm very plain and simple, brown fitted cover, fluffy towel on top and then another fluffy towel folded at the bottom for the client to cover themselves with. When they arrive I welcome to the room and then pop out to the kitchen to get a glass of cold water and hot towel to freshen up with. I but them both on a piece of Welsh slate and place at the foot of the table for them to use before / while we do the consultation.

ooh forgot to say , i know it isnt the couch but i light candles and have soothing music playing to add to the ambience , lol

I have beige towels with embossed squares on (from matalan), the top one I have the top bit folded down into a point (learnt that from a spa).
I have a chocolate brown silk table runner at the bottom of the bed.

I have large throws from Turkey that cover the whole of my couches ! They are red and orange with little mirrors sewn in with black thread.
People are in and out for waxing and eyebrows etc all day so i put a new strip of couch roll down the midddle and a small black pillow for each client.
When I have facials in I put a large yellow fleece at the bottom, a rolled fluffy towel in the middle and a hair net on the pillow.
To create a different ambience I lower the dimmer switch, put on the heated underblanket (argos washable electric blanket) :wink2: and soft relaxing music x x
Recently as I leave the client to rest with the face mask I put the heat lamp over the tummy area and turn the lights off...clients say they feel all warm and cosy and love it !!!!!!
Hope this gives you some good ideas x xx

I have large throws from Turkey that cover the whole of my couches ! They are red and orange with little mirrors sewn in with black thread.
People are in and out for waxing and eyebrows etc all day so i put a new strip of couch roll down the midddle and a small black pillow for each client.
When I have facials in I put a large yellow fleece at the bottom, a rolled fluffy towel in the middle and a hair net on the pillow.
To create a different ambience I lower the dimmer switch, put on the heated underblanket (argos washable electric blanket) :wink2: and soft relaxing music x x
Recently as I leave the client to rest with the face mask I put the heat lamp over the tummy area and turn the lights off...clients say they feel all warm and cosy and love it !!!!!!
Hope this gives you some good ideas x xx

Can I book in for a facial please? :green: Yes it's definitely given me some ideas!

Can I book in for a facial please? :green: Yes it's definitely given me some ideas!

Hee hee yes hun I often wish I was laid n the couch instead !!!!

Latest posts

Back