Drill damage :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

This week i have had 3 clients come to me for infills with terrible drill damage, and it wasnt just a once off thing , these women had it on every finger, and i could see every infill they had had, i counted the rings of fire on each finger, in one case it was 4, she had had 4 infills and i could see each one :(

These women didnt even know that it was damage from the drill! they had said it had burnt and been kind of hot , but they thought that getting your nails done it was supposed to be a little painful :(

All of them had P&W, but after explaining that it was drill damage and that i couldnt get the marks i just done a pink infill and we painted them, I explained that it would take a little while to grow it out, with one lady i soaked her nails off and put a new set of pink on for her.

This isnt the first time i have seen this and there are 3 ummm quick service nail salons in a large shopping centre near me and 2 were from the same salon and another was from one downstairs from it, i have also had mabye about 7 or 8 clients previously from these same 3 salons with the same damage, some are minimal and some are all over the nail bed, depending on how long they have been going back to them.

I know its more business for me when they come to me after leaving them, but i think its terrible that this kind of thing is allowed to happen, and these women really have no idea the damage that is being done to them and do nothing about it, i even suggested to one lady today that i should take photos of these , but where or could i send them to? Is there really anything i can do about it? or do i just keep telling clients when they come to me they have drill damage and then explain to them that it should not be a painful service?

I guess today it made me really upset, and its always from the same 3 salons, and they all have a story to tell me about it , like one tech working on each hand or someone starting their nails and another finishing them, im just really cranky and needed to rant about this as well lol

Im in Sydney and im just not sure if i can or should report them, or even if i can, and i dont want to look like im being vindictive, i just want to see them stop damaging womens nails.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Kerrie :)

(sorry for the double post i put it in the wrong place before :oops: )

Why don'y you call Pacific Nail & Beauty and ask to speak to Jill Malloy; Jill will listen and direct you in this case!! We are all having the same problems believe me :rolleyes: it seems to happen no matter where you are at in this world!! :shock: Please let Jill know I asked you to call and that you are from the Geek Board!! Let us know what she says!! ;)

Thanks MrsGeek!

Im going to give Jill a call today, will let you know how it goes :)

Yes, if the situation there is that you can file a complaint or report with a board that inspects, governs or 'watches over' nail salons,,,, yes do so.
====================
Now onward.
Let me mention that a drill did not damage her nails
the nail tech did it.
A nail tech can damage (rings of fire) your nails with a foam nail file.
Yes, they can.
========
My point being
that I have found that when nail techs constantly speak of a 'drill damaging nails'
then we start thinking of using drills on nails to be a BAD THING.
It isnt.
Correct use of a drill
((((( oh let me be picky picky
Call Them Electric Files ---- ha ha ))))
is fine
the INcorrect of use of drills ( or any other nail implement ) can cause be trouble
=================

Yes the damage was caused by improper use of a drill by a nail technician.

I have a drill myself and use it every day, but i never touch the natural nail with it, and yes I am aware that any kind of file if used incorrectly or too harshly can cause damage to the nail plate .

I hope that no one thought i was insinuating that drills are a bad thing, i perhaps should have been more specific in my original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back