Drills!!!! Good or bad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jo sims

Reaction score
i would just like to know what your views are on drills, I think that drills are not all bad and that if the correct training is given in the use of drills they can produce excelent results. This is only my opinion and would love to know what you all think.

Jo

jo sims said:
i would just like to know what your views are on drills, I think that drills are not all bad and that if the correct training is given in the use of drills they can produce excelent results. This is only my opinion and would love to know what you all think.

Jo
i agree jo drills have got their place ...but only with the best training and never to be used on the natural nail ...though i should add ..i never use a drill ..don't need to the product i use is strong even when applied thinly :) and so needs very little filing
regards
debbie

sawasdee ka

i have b4 course with e file i like e file i will buy when i have money for buy i want a kupa mani pro but i happy use hand file as well.

It is very very important have good training with e file .

mui from Thailand

Hiya,
I feel that e-drills have there place in the industry :)
I agree that trainning must be done correctly, But in the right hands they are a god send on time taken.

Although I have never used one, I feel that certainly drills may have their place - providing the tek that is using it is has had proper education, that there is great ventillation as drills make the finest dust particles and that they NEVER use it on natural nails. I understand that drills can be a godsend for back-fills and cleaning up prouduct that may have seeped under a form whilst sculpting!!! :green:

Ditto to Debbie and Mrs Geek. Never needed one with Retention.

ok daft question - but why would a tek ever need to use a electric file - don't you shape L&P with the brush and just buff out? I could only imagine this would be needed unless you do a really thick application?

Fab Freak said:
ok daft question - but why would a tek ever need to use a electric file - don't you shape L&P with the brush and just buff out? I could only imagine this would be needed unless you do a really thick application?
I use an e-file. Never on the natural nail and never for finishing off, I don't need to. I use it soley for de-bulking proir to a rebalance. I only use it on the free edge, never near the cuticle. The only other time I use it is for stray bits of acrylic that might have seeped underneath.
Never use one without proper training.
Jane

jo sims said:

Jo

i totally agree, good education!
its having an untrained tech with no efile education which give efiles a bad name
i use an efile and i love it- maybe too much......lol
if you get Scratch magazine Antony did a fab article on using an electric file in the March 2004 issue p39

if you search the archive you might find other posts relating to efiles as i know ive posted abt this before but im not sure how to link it in....lol

Jess
;)

sawasdee ka

www.aefm.org have education about efile .

mui from Thailand

I was trained to use an efile years ago in the States by a person who was a Master at it. But I have never found the need to use one ... once I got the concept of creating the perfect nail with my brush filing became minimal!! My free edges are very thin so french rebalancing is also very quick and easy.

I didn't like the fine dust the efile created NOR the extra cleaning that went long with its use. Hand finishing for me every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back