Drills on Natural Nails and Cuticles!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelemacca

Nails by Chele
Reaction score
Right ladies, I'm on for a bit of whinge I think.

It's my birthday tomorrow and so my other half booked an appointment for me to go and get pampered and have my nails done from a newly opened salon that is "supposed" to be creative!!

My only concern was that not only did they use a drill for everything we would be using files for, including for taking the shine off my nails. He didn't use scrubfresh, or cuticle remover, or use cool blue (even though he sprayed sanitiser on his hands first!!!).

But in my opinion this is the worst, he used the drill on my cuticles as opposed to pushing them back with the pushie like we've been taught!!!!

Surely this could cause damage??? :irked: :eek: :Scared:

Hey there MM,

I use an electric file but certainly would not use it on natural nails let alone CUTICLES....yikes!!! I would definately use some cuticle oil daily or twice daily even.

OUCH! Just the thought ov a drill near my cuticle makes me wince.

What was the end result like? Were any Creative products used at all?

I have been soaking them in Solar Oil nearly constantly!!!!

As for CND products, nothing was in it's original packaging. The powder was in a glass heart shaped trinket box and the liquid in one of those round pots with the silver lids that's really for powder and it wasn't fresh!!!!

They look ok except on a couple you can see the shadow from the tip where it hasn't blended in properly (Yep you guessed it he used the drill to do this!!!!).

They put natural tips on with clear powder and then airbrushed the white tip on afterwards!!!

xxxx

It sounds to me that this wasn't a Creative salon at all. Were there any other tell tale signs of an NSS salon?

To be honest, I only know CND, I wouldn't know an NSS salon if I fell over it :o

michelemacca said:
To be honest, I only know CND, I wouldn't know an NSS salon if I fell over it :o

liquid monomer which contains MMA (the bad stuff used in non standard salons - NSS) is clear and has a totally different smell to the EMA monomers from reputable companies. I have only ever used cnd retention and odyssey liquids and these both have both been purple and smell like, er, monomer! The MMA monomer really does tend to have a distinctive smell...if you work with liquid and powder, i'm sure you'd notice a difference.

OMG, I bet that hurt. It makes your eyes water just thinking about it :cry:

On the subject of pain, why do people think it is ok to be in agony just so that they get a cheap set without having to wait for an appointment.

I can't beleive they go back for more too!

Not having a go at you michelmacca, just one one my clients was telling me about her hairdresser that keeps going to a similar NSS.

Now waxing i can understand needing pain killers but having your nails done. UH OH !

You just can't get through to some people.

I went to this place because it was "supposed" to be CND, one of them definitely was CND trained the certificates were on the wall.

I could smell the monomer whatsoever, but I filed the length down last night and it was a really funny smell, not fishy as I've noticed other people say MMA is, but it didn't smell like it does when I file someone's down (I use CND).

I'm really beginning to think that this place isn't what it's advertising as!!!

xxx

Hiya,

OMG drilling cuticles!!!!:evil: I have never heard anyone doing this, drilling natural nails are bad enough but drilling Cuticles:Scared: No wander Nails have bad publicity when stories like this turn up................we want the nail industry to move forward not backwards

Amanda

Please don't take this the wrong way but why would anyone let another nail tech do this to their nails. I'm not judging anyone with this comment, i think it must be the English in us. We never complain and we tend to sit things out rather then saying "no, i dont like that".

Vicky x

vicky said:
Please don't take this the wrong way but why would anyone let another nail tech do this to their nails. I'm not judging anyone with this comment, i think it must be the English in us. We never complain and we tend to sit things out rather then saying "no, i dont like that".

Vicky x
This is an excellent point ... most of us are just plain embarrassed to 'make a scene' aren't we. BUT if we were a bit bolder and stood up for what we know to be right (especially we nail technicians) it might go a way towards changing these types of methods.

No salon is a Creative Salon unless they commit to doing things the Creative way using Creative products and techniques. This is certainly no Creative salon.

Sadly a salon purporting to be a Creative Salon is no guarantee that you will get perfect nails - it will mean that the technician has had excellent basic training but .... it all comes down to the technician skills at the end of the day, and what they do with that training and that Creative product to make it sing!!

Latest posts

Back