drills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Techgirl

Reaction score
What are good nail drills?

How do u shop for the right one?

My husband has a wizard from Blackand Decker that he's going to fix, so I can practice with it on nails.....

Any info would be great........I have no clue about drills :scat:

Techgirl said:
What are good nail drills?

My husband has a wizard from Blackand Decker that he's going to fix, so I can practice with it on nails.....

Any info would be great........I have no clue about drills :scat:

There have been various posts about the pros and cons of nail drills.

I bought one when I first started but it was more like a hobby drill and I found it bounced about all over the place and the hand piece was heavy (ish).

I never used it on a human but only on the nail trainer but did not like it. Earlier on this year I went and had proper training in the use of E-files and I now have a proper nail one. It is so much better and easier to use however, no slur on my trainer whatsoever, I prefer to hand file as this is what I am use to and hence I feel I am quicker at. However I do use my e-file for a french backfill as I can get all the white off quickly.

It is something you need to research quite a lot - I think Vicky Peters in the US is very experienced and enthusiastic about the use of E-files - I am sure you can contact her through the Beautytech board.

Whatever you decide to do - if you go the e-file route then it is essential that you get proper training.

I think I have her site through Nailsplash.com, I will check it out..... I haven't used my hubby's yet, but i'll try it out and see how it feels....

I do alot of pink and white and clear and white, all I want it for is to do back fills, it'll make it soo much easier then hand filing....

When my friend did my nails( yrs ago), all she used her's for was to do some surface filling for fill ins and back fills.........

Thanks for the info,

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back