Drinking and Driving - his story..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsia

Reaction score
As the festive season is here.. xmas work doo's, going out more with friends etc..
I wanted to tell you a story that reflects all drink driving doesnt happen on the way home..

A friend had been out the night before.. having a few christmas drinks with his mates.. he was quite sad, trying to forget about the recent break up of his 4 year relationship.

He is a responsible guy.. knowing he was going to meet the lads and have a few..
He got a cab to the pub, and after a long night, but not that late, about midnight, he returned in a cab home. After all he had work the next day.

He got in, drunk a pint of water to re-hydrate his body for the morning and went straight to bed..
The next morning he woke to the sound of his alarm. It went off at 5.30am.. he started work at 6.

He wasnt tired, got up straight away.. had a quick refreshing shower, got dressed and left for work.
It was still dark out as it was early and not much traffic on the roads. His work was 7 miles from his home.

About 2 miles left of his journey in, he reached down to change the morning radio station.. then.. BANG!!
Next thing he remembers is being woken up by a policeman.. fighting his way passed his inflated airbag.
He was naturally questioned, breathalized and taken to hospital. He was 3 times OVER the limit. :eek:

He had hit a parked car.. luckily no other driver was involved. He spun when he hit it and landed on top of a neighbours brick wall.
His car is a total write off.. so is the car he hit.. and the neighbours brick wall is just a pile of rubble.

This was sunday morning just gone.. he is suffering from cracked ribs, bruised collar bone, had concussion etc.. Thankfully his life is still in tact!
It could have been much worse.
The Policeman said that even if he drove at midday the next day to work.. he still would have had the alcohol in his system..yet the nights drinking wasnt in excess, just the same as any other.

At this time of year there is so much contentration on the drink driving of the same night.. but it doesnt end there.

His story shows you have to be just as careful with regards to what your doing the day after.
Please think of this story if you have plans for the next day after the night of a few bevvies..

Hoping you all have a Merry but SAFE Christmas.

Tsia

I second the resolution ........ Stay Safe - Have Fun - Fond Memories to all

A cool yule blessing to all from OZ xox :hug:

XX J XX

:eek:.....thats awful, but it just shows how powerful alcohol is to show up the next day like that.

Good Thread!

So many people get behind the wheel of a car when they have been out the night before, I never do thios as I work in Transport and I know all about the consiquences etc. I would lose my job if I lost my licence.

I never drive after a good drinking session, I have even caught the bus into town to avoid driving.

So many people think that because they feel fine they are ok.

xx

Its so easly done. My daughter has just gone out for a friends 18th birthday party, she's driven in to town, left the car with her fella, who is working and he will drive her home. So I got to do the mum thing and told her it icey so slow down and that when you think that car is aiming for you it probebly is because so many drivers have a couple at lunch time and then have a couple after work and they realy believe that they've only had a couple:irked: because of the time lapse between.
The drink driver who hit me was 4 and a half times over the limit and had enough cocane in her system to fell an elephant, She was fine, and inspite of being baned was out driveing 2 weeks later, I spent the next 8 months sleeping upright in an arm chair with a cocktail of drugs to take that only took the edge of the pain, never killed it, and i have been left with permant injurys to my spine. So please everyone, have a very special and merry chrimo, but also be extra careful with yourselves and with whats happening around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back