Drinks menu...wine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjd

Reaction score
Morning

Am thinking of having a complimentary drinks menu in reception in my salon.
If I offer wine and beer do I need a licence as it will be given away not asking the clients for payment.

Thanks

I believe if you are not charging for it you do not need a licenece! Were i used to work they used to offer wine a beer and clients loved it!! And on a day like today who wouldnt want a nice cold glass of wine or a beer?

There is a salon in the town were i like which has got a licence and offers a wide range of drinks! I think a free glass of wine or beer is nicer though!!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

WSS, you only need a license if you are selling it. So wine and beer away the summer :Love:

Morning

Am thinking of having a complimentary drinks menu in reception in my salon.
If I offer wine and beer do I need a licence as it will be given away not asking the clients for payment.

Thanks

I researched this and was told you nee a personal licence and premise licence because the customer is having a service from you and paying for it the drink is linked to a transaction

Local colleges normally run a city and guilds course that you need to obtain the personal licence in my area i think the best bet would be to check your local authorities website hun

Hope this helps x

If its free its fine... Make a nice jugs of cold Pimms and make it pimms o'clock!!

If its free its fine... Make a nice jugs of cold Pimms and make it pimms o'clock!!

Ha pimms o'clock love that! Pimms and a polish ;) x

This Saturday we are having a Pimms and cupcake event in all the salons for the jubilee. Am giving it away tho, not charging for it.

I looked into this and the guidelines aren't clear at all.

The licence is to sell or supply alcohol.

I'm sure I read somewhere (as one of the other posters said), that the drink is seen to be included in the service, so technically being sold, so you do need a licence.

I don't know what the penalty is for being caught, so my advice would be to seek clarification from the police or HMRC rather that the hearsay evidence on here, well meaning though it is, I'm sure.

free drink????

where are you??? LOL

love the pimms o clock idea!!!

I love the idea but the law says

"Any business, organisation or individual planning to sell or supply alcohol on a permanent basis will need a licence in order to do so"

Surely this would count as supply???

Great idea, would make people feel more relaxed and enjoy treatment. :) x

Mind if i went to a hairdresser and had a drink I'd probley get really adventures and come out with pink hair 💇😱xx

haha lila

could be worse, what if the hairdresser has had a few too lol

M x

haha lila

could be worse, what if the hairdresser has had a few too lol

M x

Pink hair and a funny cut 😱 maybe just keep the drinks for the customers :) x

I had a look on my local council website, and it just talks about selling or supplying to more than 96 people???
To be honest I'm sure they have better things to do than have a pr disaster cos they clamped down on a salon in chislehurst giving its clients a glass of Pimms to celebrate the jubilee.

I had a visit from my local council because I was offering free wine and beer to my clients. They tried to get me to buy a premesis licence, and go on a licencee course. When I questioned them further, it turned out that as long as I wasnt charging, and that I wasnt exluding anyone from the free drinks (i.e non clients) then I wasnt breaking the law.
Fortunately its not often we get random non clients pop in for a free drink!
So, no you dont need a licence, but the council may try and get you to have one. Just tell them youve done you research ;) xxx

I emailed my council about it, and yes if its free then no license is required.

It can't be included in any of the pricing, so for example you couldn't have a 'Champagne and Nails' package, as clearly the champers has been priced in.

I also don't have a set menu, but just offer various drinks to each customer, depending on what I have in.

Thanks everyone ,I will maybe have a drinks menu but notpermantly on show .
Just handed out as clients arrive

Xxxx:D:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back