Dripping spray tan solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirstyGib

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently purchased the HLVP maximist xl machine to use for mobile spray tanning. I am not yet qualified but have been shown the basics by an experienced friend. I tried to spray tan another close friend last night by myself and found that as I was spraying, the solution was dripping down her skin, could this be that I was too far away or is it a setting on the actual machine?? Got 4 clients next week, need to perfect my techniques :)

Last edited:
I have the same machine and haven't found any problems with it. Check the instruction slip that came with it, but what you should find is if u tighten the pin from the back and the screw-bit by the nozzle it should release a fine mist. You need to make sure you don't spray too slowly and not too close to the client. This will make it drippy!

Try the machine on some light tiles or paper so you can see how the spray changes as u alter the settings on the gun.

If you're not confident and 100% sure on what you're doing I'd definitely explain this to clients and give them a good discount as you're still training. People will be much more understanding and you should feel more relaxed by being honest.

Hope this helps!

You should not be reposting the same question again asking for advice when you have been told in your first thread that this is a professional site and you MUST get training.

People will help you once you have trained but we will not help anyone 'playing about' in our industry.

You have been told that training is quite cheap and quick for tanning so please take this advice and got get training.

Working on clients before you are trained (and therefore your not insured) and before you know what risks your clinets might be taking is not a good thing.

If you want to become a tanner then PLEASE go get training. There are loads and loads of places that do training and the cost really is nothing compared to training costs in many other beauty treatments so there should be no excuse for you not getting trained and then getting insured before taking on clients.

You should not be reposting the same question again asking for advice when you have been told in your first thread that this is a professional site and you MUST get training.

People will help you once you have trained but we will not help anyone 'playing about' in our industry.

You have been told that training is quite cheap and quick for tanning so please take this advice and got get training.

Working on clients before you are trained (and therefore your not insured) and before you know what risks your clinets might be taking is not a good thing.

If you want to become a tanner then PLEASE go get training. There are loads and loads of places that do training and the cost really is nothing compared to training costs in many other beauty treatments so there should be no excuse for you not getting trained and then getting insured before taking on clients.

Oh Baggybear, you have taken the words right out of my mouth.

OP I do hope you take the advice on board, we are really here to help and the only way we can help you is if you are firstly prepared to help yourself.

Hi, I have recently purchased the HLVP maximist xl machine to use for mobile spray tanning. I am not yet qualified but have been shown the basics by an experienced friend. I tried to spray tan another close friend last night by myself and found that as I was spraying, the solution was dripping down her skin, could this be that I was too far away or is it a setting on the actual machine?? Got 4 clients next week, need to perfect my techniques :)

Please please please get some accredited training for the sake of the people you will be spray tanning,your sake,the sake of the industry as a whole and of course from an insurance cover perspective :rolleyes:

This is exactly what happens when you have insufficient experience without the backing of proper training. Even when properly trained, one practice run is certainly not enough to perfect the skill.

I was taught that at least 10 practice tans are needed before you even get an idea of where you are going wrong or how to tweak your application.

This is defenitely NOT a quick fix forum. If you want to make it as a business woman you are going to have to learn to take advice, make an effort and put in more than you are hoping to get out. We all read the new posts so you will get similar responses every time no matter how much you try to change the heading or wording. The bits of professional advice you might get are only because you have misrepresented yourself love.

I hope you get yourself sorted but going about it this way is only alienating you from a wonderful resource.

Sorry for the rant and I truly apologise for offending anyone but if you tan these "clients" you are basically breaking the law. ( I imagine)

Are you going to be declaring your earnings to the tax man?

I want to be the best I can at spray tanning, so it’s practice practice practice. I did 10 free tans on different people (my trainer recommended this) before I started to charge. And I’m now still offering reduced rates for me to learn and try out products, but I still have insurance and I still have had training.

You are extremely irresponsible not to have insurance; you really need to do this properly.

It’s actually upsetting for me to know that someone is out there tanning without insurance, without training and I worked my little arse off to save to get the proper training and insurance I need. Seriously you’ll be wishing you had when something goes wrong.

I'm new to this forum, and its so nice to see how helpful the geeks are, I'm sure they will help you in the future when you decide to go about this the correct way.

Latest posts

Back