Driving courses or learning slowly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbie101

Reaction score
I did ask in the learning to drive thread but only got 2 answers (which im grateful of) but one said one and one said the other so....

What did you do and why?

I'm looking into driving but
1, scared!
2, get bored easily so learning slowly I may give up

so how did you learn and what would you all recommend?

:hug:

Have you driven before? If not I would recommend lessons first to be honest. I don't personally think I could have learnt everything I needed to on an intense course, if you feel you may get bored why not have a couple of lessons a week or maybe 3 so you'll get through it quicker but not so intense? That's obviously money dependant as I know its not cheap xxx

If you already know the basics and you are confident on the roads then do a course of lessons for a week with a test at the end.
If you are not confident then do some lessons to get better and confident. It takes to time to get your theory done anyway. A lot of people dont pass that first or even second time.

I have no knowledge what so ever so I was thinking few lessons then a course? I realise I need to do my theory first so I will sort this before booking any course :D - if I go on a course that is lol x

In her twenties, my sister did 2 courses, both for a week and both residential (she was a journalist, so they were free). She failed both times. When our dad died about 4 years ago, she decided to try again - now nearing 50 - and had regular, steady lessons. She passed. I think our brain needs to digest the information we are given, then look about us as we are travelling, making sense of what we have learnt. I would book some lessons, and see how it goes, but I personally think that courses are not always the short cut you hope they'll be!

I done my lessons over a 14 month period (one lesson a week as i done them at my mums and not in Glasgow) i paid for them upfront in blocks of 10 at a time so i had to do them as thwy were already paid for - bit of motivation xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just started my driving lessons this week. I'm really glad I didn't back out. I've paid for 22 hours worth of lessons, and I can arrange them anyway I want. There are apps available to help you study for the theory. You can practice the exam, and every answer has an explanation as to why that is the correct answer. I'm really not good with cars so it must be a miracle that my instructor managed to teach me what he has so far. :lol:

I think one a week, but I found 2 hour lessons good

Personally, I think long term lessons are better, because you will learn to drive in different climates. A short term course will not prepare you for the hazards of all weather conditions!

Latest posts

Back