Driving geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
Have any geeks done one of those 'Quick driving' courses?

I want to do the automatic 5 day pass course which is a lot of money but I feel like I just need to bite the bullet and get it over and done with! Not driving is now affecting my entire life and of course my ability to develop my spray tanning!

Any stuff I should know before I consider booking it? I had 20hrs of manual lessons before but I just cant change gears to change my life!

I would personally recommend against a 5 day fast track course. I'm sure many people have done it and are happy, however you'll only experience 1 weeks worth of weather, which at this time of year is likely to be sunshine. Additionally you'll probably not get the opportunity to drive in darkness either.

No amount of money can buy experience, and you won't get experience on a fast track course. I'd recommend finding a reputable instructor locally and having a couple of hours a week.

Also, if you can get the hang of gears then do. Cars in this country predominantly come with a manual gearbox and you'll therefore be quite restricted when it comes to buying a used car.

Everyone stalls their car when they first start out, it just takes time to get used to.

I've never done a 5 day intensive course so I can't recommend it either way. However my mother in law learned to drive an automatic and yesterday she passed after many lessons and her third attempt. We're very proud of her! However the reason I mention her situation is that, it takes a lot more than just being able to physically manoeuvre a vehicle (without gears), as I'm sure you know.

As has been touched on above by the previous poster, there's weather conditions to consider, spacial awareness, positioning, other road users, hazards, manoeuvres and much more. Having confidence is a huge factor when learning to drive.

My mother in law didn't think it would be a walk in the park of course, but she thought automatic would be much easier than gears. She herself says that she expected to pass much earlier driving an automatic, but found herself in the position of having to consider and learn so much more.

If your hearts set on automatic go for it, gears can be difficult and I totally understand where you're coming from, but I would personally book in two hourly or x2 one hourly lessons a week to build up your confidence and experience.

Get your theory and hazard perception done and out the way, so that when the time comes you can ace that driving test!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back