Driving in cars with boys (or Girls)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Can we ever let up and stop worrying about our off spring.I guess not.My latest dilema in parenthood is that a lot of my daughters friends are now passing their driving tests and she wants to go out driving with them.Or she gets lifts home from places.

I know i'll have to get used to it and she will probably be driving herself next year,but it really worries me.I have to keep ringing her and then if i dont get an answer i straight away panic.

The fact that my husbands a traffic policeman doesn't help as he's at a fatal accident nearly every week lately.

my son is 14 years old and i am already worried about him going to clubs,pubs,etc..... all i keep thinking is we were there age once and we must let them grow up and have there space,it makes them the person they will be...try calling her once a night instead of alot she will think and know you will start to trust her and you never know she might call you!!!!.............hth hun xx

my son is 14 years old and i am already worried about him going to clubs,pubs,etc..... all i keep thinking is we were there age once and we must let them grow up and have there space,it makes them the person they will be...try calling her once a night instead of alot she will think and know you will start to trust her and you never know she might call you!!!!.............hth hun xx

I trust her it's who she's with i don't:lol:.Teenage boys seem to be nightmare drivers thats why the insurance usually costs more than the car.I dont think it's a new thing.
When i was 17/18 a friend of mine who was the first out of us all to drive took us into a ditch on the same road 3 times and we still got back in the car each time:) Noone hurt i might add thank god and he's a much better driver now.

All mine drive now, and the only thing you can do is point out to them that drink drivers are the most selfish people on the planet, that if they only killed or maimed them selves it wouldn't be a problem but unfortunately they are the ones who tend to walk away while other people suffer for the rest of their lives. I was honest with the type of injury's that are most common and told them that while I trusted them because I raised them I didn't know their friends so I would trust mine to have the good sense to walk away if they thought the driver was drunk or on drugs and if the driving was to fast/ bad etc to say stop the car I feel sick and once out of the car to call me what ever the time to come get them.
Beyond that I geek, knit, read and sometimes pray, they are my babies, I'll always worry:hug:

Like the bit about pretending to feel sick i'll tell her that.

As a mother of three grown (and now driving ) kids I don't think you ever stop worrying about your off spring......I worry about my kids everyday ! and not just driving!....

My daughter got into an accident last year ( drunk hit her ) and wrecked her car ....she was not hurt .....but it broke my heart when she called to say she was in the accident and now did not have the car we bought her anymore.....
She is an extra careful driver ....but things happen......

When my kids call to chit chat and I know they are in there cars....I tell them to call me back as I don't want them to be distracted in any way......

You never stop worrying as a mother....they will always be your babies!

Latest posts

Back