Driving your retail sales

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
well people...

For some they dread it for others they love it...

Clinching a sale after askincare treatment...

For me though its not "clinching" a sale its all about RECOMMENDATION and giving the clients the choice ,giving them the understanding of thier needs thier concerns and for some thier budget...LOL

Knowing that the client trusts you completely and knowing that you believe in the brand wholeheartedly,will sell the brand to them.
Its not about the name of the brand wether its "a la mode" as we say in french its the product itself....and for me its definetely not the celebrity endorsement,the product HAS TO WORK full stop,IMHO:eek:

Id like to know your views on this,maybe pick up on tips and maybe some people who absolutely dread selling can give them some inspiration to sell.

i LOVE it and for me the consultation is so important that i spend as much time on this before and after the treatment.

When a client walks out my door and have gone away with fab skin and products to boot it makes me so fullfilled and thats what keeps me going with drive and passion!:!:

I couldn't give a Monkeys which Celebrity's endorsed what... after all, they're only people and they're probably paid loads of cash to say they use something....

.. which Geek said they doubted that Eva Longoria dyed her own hair?!

To sell something, anything, you have got to believe in it. I am awful at selling things I don't know anything about, and do sample everything I get in stock, with the exception of the herbal slimming tablets.

When you KNOW something works... you are just being so honest and genuinly animated and truthful in what you are saying.. and honesty goes a long way.

I sold a guy something which he hasn't been using.. and I told him to bring it back to me and I would exchange it for something without DHA in so that he could benefit from it. After all, he wasted £9 on it... and I felt bad... and it wouldn't kill me to swap it... some might say I'm foolish.. but I feel I have done the right thing.

My customer is happy and so am I.

I couldn't give a Monkeys which Celebrity's endorsed what... after all, they're only people and they're probably paid loads of cash to say they use something....

To sell something, anything, you have got to believe in it. I am awful at selling things I don't know anything about, and do sample everything I get in stock, with the exception of the herbal slimming tablets.

When you KNOW something works... you are just being so honest and genuinly animated and truthful in what you are saying.. and honesty goes a long way.

I sold a guy something which he hasn't been using.. and I told him to bring it back to me and I would exchange it for something without DHA in so that he could benefit from it. After all, he wasted £9 on it... and I felt bad... and it wouldn't kill me to swap it... some might say I'm foolish.. but I feel I have done the right thing.

My customer is happy and so am I.

Couldn't agree more. I loathe going to any salon to sit and listen to the sales patter as they try to offload half their stock on to me. (I must look stupid)
I like to ask what they would recommend and this is what I do with my clients.

hing....

lol, that was me!

I also agree that if you know your products perform as they should then you can't go wrong. So often I have asked my hairdresser to recommend me products and she has almost talked me out of it, yet she knows her products are good ... and I've wanted to buy them.

I think there is a fine balance between giving the aftercare advice, which includes purchasing retail products, and ruining the whole treatment by trying to push the products the whole way through it. But for them to get the best out of the salon then retail and salon treatments should go hand in hand. I never see it as selling, just giving advice so clients can make an informed choice.

Prior to beauty i have had jobs in sales, the last being body shop at home but at the same time i'm not a pushy sales person, i won't sell something to someone unless i really think it could benefit them, doesn't sit right on my conscience. At my last trip to the hairdresser i had the girl washing my hair slating every product i used then she proceded to tell me how i needed to purchase all my hair care from their range or my hair would start breaking, she thought she was doing a great sales pitch, bless her she was only about 17 she had obviously been given a list of things to say whilst washing hair to boost sales, needless to say i didn't buy anything.
i agree with comments already made a pushy sale can spoil a good treatment.

lol, that was me!

I also agree that if you know your products perform as they should then you can't go wrong. So often I have asked my hairdresser to recommend me products and she has almost talked me out of it, yet she knows her products are good ... and I've wanted to buy them.

I think there is a fine balance between giving the aftercare advice, which includes purchasing retail products, and ruining the whole treatment by trying to push the products the whole way through it. But for them to get the best out of the salon then retail and salon treatments should go hand in hand. I never see it as selling, just giving advice so clients can make an informed choice.

Ive had some clients that want a "good anti ageing cream" and think it will perform miracles and wanted the products so much.

However i always adress lifestyle and what they are doing in thier life that can be causing thier skin to age,i.e sunworshippers smokers drinkers diet medication,etc.

For me this as important in the consultation,BEFORE actually reccommending ANY products.

Yes,you can rectify it on the outside but you can also address it from the inside out and some clients arent aware of this.

The amount of times ive advised many clients to uptake thier water intake quit smoking and use spfs before addressing the other parts of thier lifestyle.

I wish we would be taken more seriously,if someone goes to a doctor and he hands them a prescription im sure they wouldnt ignore it and for me its the same with skincare.

I practise what i preach and yes it comes across to my clientele,so many therapists ive come across dont practise what they preach and then wonder why clients do not follow on home care and product use:rolleyes:

Its about striking a fine balance,if the client trusts you they will know if you are trying to seel them a "sales spiel"
:zzz::!:

I agree, I have worked for a high street cosmetics company who are masters in retail selling (in my opinion) and the fundementals were always for prescriptive selling. The customers love to feel they are having an individual evalutation on their skin (even if they have just walked in off the street in their lunch hour) and are then prescribed a product based on its ingredients. I would often get technical on the chemical composition of a product if I felt a client would find it interesting or if I was getting a vibe that they needed some reassurance that I knew what I was talking about.
I also think its critical the staff use and love the products - enthusiasm sells bucket loads.

Latest posts

Back