Dropped my mobile phone down the loo! Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
I was helping my little one on his potty, cleaned it out put bleach in the loo, then my mobile started ringing which was in my pocket.

Went to get it out and it slipped out of my hand into the loo!

Luckily I had flushed the toilet and picked it out straight away.yuk sorry.

It has now gone doolaley, has anyone any suggestions on what I can do? All my numbers are on there and it is my business mobile.

Luckily it is an old one as my good one is in for repair. However I still need this for friends family and clients to get hold of me on.

If you have any suggestions other than get a new phone I'd be grateful. Don't have spare cash for another but need one in the meantime before I get my old one back.

Sorry for writing such a rubbish post!

I was helping my little one on his potty, cleaned it out put bleach in the loo, then my mobile started ringing which was in my pocket.

Went to get it out and it slipped out of my hand into the loo!

Luckily I had flushed the toilet and picked it out straight away.yuk sorry.

It has now gone doolaley, has anyone any suggestions on what I can do? All my numbers are on there and it is my business mobile.

Luckily it is an old one as my good one is in for repair. However I still need this for friends family and clients to get hold of me on.

If you have any suggestions other than get a new phone I'd be grateful. Don't have spare cash for another but need one in the meantime before I get my old one back.

Sorry for writing such a rubbish post!

I think I'd whip the sim out quick and put the phone somewhere to dry out for a:hug: while

take the back off, the battery out, the sim card out, and let it dry out totally..

if the numbers are stored on the sim you can put the sim in another mobile that is unlocked to use it . hth xx

Yes I agree with the above, take the phone apart & place in a airing cupboard or somewhere warm to dry out!

You probably want to leave it in there a while, so you might have to see if you can borrow a phone & hopefully you have stored your numbers on the sim & not the phone!

do all of the above and you must leave it alone for at least 3 days....even if it looks ok..leave it.

thanks all xxx

oops.png

I dropped mine in the canal once when I worked on the narrowboats and it took about an hour to get it out the canal. It worked ok after a few days drying out.

I also dropped it in the mop bucket and didnt realise for 3 days, it never worked again but the sim was ok thankfully.

Rachel x

oops I feel like a right idiot!

Do as suggested above and it should be ok...
My hubby jumped into the pool with his mobile (and wallet) in his pocket and after a thorough drying out it worked perfectly, unlike his wallet LMAO

Oh No

Mine fell into a full glass of wine (Fish bowl)

The phone as never worked again.

I have had 10 mobile phones in 12 months we just dont get on we have a love hate relationship the phones love to hate me that is.

Anyway the moral of the story is hubby said NOOOOOOO more phone until I learn to treat them with a little more care and attention.

Well try doing that with twins MMMMMMMMM let me think :lol:

oh no!! i did exactly the same thing! fell out of my hand and straight down the loo (also clean!) and i panicked not knowing what to do!! evenutally put my hand down to grab it out - of course the first instinct is to wash something that's been down the loo and of course i couldn't!!

took sim out straight away and tried to dry it off as best i could.

as suggested above i put mine in the airing cupboard and after a couple of days it was fine. although i kept trying it every few hrs to see if it was ok - prob best to leave as long as poss and see if anyone has an old handset u can borrow.

might depend on the make of phone as to how it works after. mine was a nokia so think they're quite durable!!

good luck!! xx

My hubby left his in the pocket of his work trousers and he stuck his work stuff in the washing machine and they went through a 60 degree wash and 90 mins hot tumble dry and the phone was fine. A week later he did the same again and the phone was dead afterwards. So he bought a new battery off ebay and it worked fine again!

He is terrible with phones and has got through loads - he also loses his debit card on a monthly basis!

Must admit have tried it a few times. Last night the phone went mad and as soon as we switched it on it starting spinning and constantly vibrating, it was so funny watching it go crazy!. :lol:The SIM seems to work OK which is good. There are 12 messages and voicemails on there but the phone won't allow me to use any keys to pick these up. It's out in the sun drying off now so fingers xd!! :lol::eek:

hi i dropped my down the toilet when i went clubbing lol what i did was take the battery out and sim remove covers and get the hairdryer out it does work but be careful not to heat it to much put it on a medium haeting and about 30 cms from the phone
hope this helps

Latest posts

Back