Drums or Not ???? Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
My son who is 10 wants a drum kit for xmas and I have tried everything to get him to change his mind :rolleyes: But thats what he wants the facts are we live in a built up area and also I dont have the room to house a full size kit. I have suggested maybe he has an electronic one :irked: But No he wants the full kit I have never been in this kind of situation and always try to buy what the kids ask for within reason. It is stressing me out now ????

Give him what he wants Lell, but remove the skin from the top or give him straws for drum sticks and get a good pair of ear defenders - thank goodness my girls want things like gameboy games LOL.

Good luck with this one.

Give him what he wants Lell, but remove the skin from the top or give him straws for drum sticks and get a good pair of ear defenders - thank goodness my girls want things like gameboy games LOL.

Good luck with this one.

The problem is Fiona that my better half lol is saying No and I am thinking cant see my poor child heartbroken but we are really cramped as it is here.

I love drums. Next lessons after my Master Artist classes are drum lessons and I'm going to get the garage soundproofed.
Well, that's my mid-life crisis out in the open:lol:
And I have a guy who's willing to teach me lined up already.
I just have to talk Ted into the whole idea....

hmm well lel i know what i would say err NO WAY!

Unless your prepared to sound proof your garage lmao

The problem is Fiona that my better half lol is saying No and I am thinking cant see my poor child heartbroken but we are really cramped as it is here.

Could you not offer him drum lessons (somewhere else) and if he really gets into it then maybe next year

A lot of the time with kids, I find that they want something this week then they forget about it next week.

But obviously you will know your son and whether this might be a fad or not.

Could you not offer him drum lessons (somewhere else) and if he really gets into it then maybe next year

A lot of the time with kids, I find that they want something this week then they forget about it next week.

But obviously you will know your son and whether this might be a fad or not.

Fiona I love you your a genius I will try this :hug:

I have to admit, I bought my nephew a drum kit and my brother wasn't exactly pleased with me. I assumed that him being lead singer in a band and playing guitar he would have been pleased. But he ermm wasn't.
He got revenge though, and bought my kids noisy toys and continues to do so.

The thing is Cal is having an electric guitar off my mum for xmas so a drum kit too would be a bit ott imo :lol:

Hi,

The studio where I play have a tuition room and you can use it by yourself for £5 per hour. is there anywhere like that near you?

The electronic ones are very good, they sound and feel just like the real thing and you can plug in head phones.

Hope this helps hun,
xxx

i think the drum lessons is a brill idea !!!!
it could turn out its just not for him ,look how many nail techs love the idea ..spend a fortune on kit ..then realise its not for them (usually found weeks later on e-bay lol)
then and again ,he may be a multi million pound budding artist in the making...and he can buy you all a bigger house in the country with his own soundproof recording studio !!!
my 10 year old daughter can be his singer !:lol:

i think the drum lessons is a brill idea !!!!
it could turn out its just not for him ,look how many nail techs love the idea ..spend a fortune on kit ..then realise its not for them (usually found weeks later on e-bay lol)
then and again ,he may be a multi million pound budding artist in the making...and he can buy you all a bigger house in the country with his own soundproof recording studio !!!
my 10 year old daughter can be his singer !:lol:

Looks like we could end up living in mottarm or Alderley edge yet babes lol

i am sure you can get drum machines which come with headphones....why didnt they invent them when my boys went through the "lets play the recorder phase"...now 2 of them are into electric guitars....i just hope they become loaded rock stars and buy me a house

Fiona what a fab idea,i'd go with the lessons Lell,hey it will be much quiter :lol: good luck hun x

I have a drum kit living in my dining room for my 12yr old.We got a student kit with is smaller than a full sized kit.We have a no drums after 6pm rule and he has a teacher that comes once a week for lessons.I thought it would be a real headache but it has worked really well.Although we have decided to invest in practice pads to damp the sound.

ahhh cool drums!!

my brother-in-law and my niece have a full set of drums each..in the same house!!

they sound great together,the both decided to go to lessons before they bought the drums tho.

i think they just wanted to make sure it was right for them. so maybe you could suggest doing that first. in my area the lessons cost £10 for half an hour,that is 1-2-1 training tho..they have come on great.

drums are quiet a big investment if he gets fed up of it after a month.

but ya never know he could be the drummer in the biggest band in the world soon...lol

hth xx

maybe go with the lessons first for Cal... he may nt like it iykwim

i found this juat a min ago while looking for crimbo pressys
nt quite the same but i thought of you...lol
Finger Drums - I Want One Of Those

m xoxo

maybe go with the lessons first for Cal... he may nt like it iykwim

i found this juat a min ago while looking for crimbo pressys
nt quite the same but i thought of you...lol
Finger Drums - I Want One Of Those

m xoxo

Jess there's no sticks that you can throw around and have extras....that's the really cool bit.. lol. you have to drop a stick and then pull one out from behing your ear...or something..

Jess there's no sticks that you can throw around and have extras....that's the really cool bit.. lol. you have to drop a stick and then pull one out from behing your ear...or something..

eh?... ya lost me when ya you mentioned dropping a stick???
am i being blonde!?

eh?... ya lost me when ya you mentioned dropping a stick???
am i being blonde!?

I's a drumming thing, they drop them purposely sometimes. So my brother tells me.....
Jess mate - I'm the blonde one lmao

Latest posts

Back