Drums or Not ???? Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definitely never buy any kind of musical instrument until they've had lessons for at least six months. My parents found out the hard way with me :D I got an electric guitar but couldn't get onto a course of lessons.. tried to teach myself and gave up inside a month or two!
Instruments aren't cheap and unless you're fairly talented they're hard to get the best out of without lessons. Especially if he's getting a guitar already, he probably won't have time to dedicate to the both of them. If he's really serious he may strop for a bit but he'll do the lessons and then you'll know if he really wants them.
Also, from a neighbours point of view... our neighbour's son plays drums in a non sound proofed room and it drives us nuts! :lol:

I dont see anything wrong with saying no.

We don't always get what we want, it's called "life".

The drum classes are a GREAT idea!!
That way, he makes the noise AWAY from home and doesn't give you a brain tumour.
And, if he decides, not his thing, at least you don't have a drum kit from which there are socks hanging to dry.

Best of luck and keep us posted.:hug:

Latest posts

Back