Dry brittle nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicole<3

Reaction score
Right a bit of a mind bogler to me..
I was doing my mum just a simple quick mini manicure last night as her nails are forever looking dry and brittle and in just poor condition so after VERY carefull filing (she has paper thin nail plates and they bend like hell) i applied a clear top coat, conditiond and buffed, all in all went well they looked alot healthier til just hours ago the polish came clean away :eek: i mean no chips nothing just slid off! I dont think its the polish because it lasts weeks when i use it on myself and others.
She later informed me when she last had her nails silk wraped the tech said she has really oily nail plates?? But how can she have oily nail plates when they seem so dry and brittle?
Any advice on how to treat them or just anything would be a great help
I want to sort them bleeders out if it kills me :lol:

Nicole, please fill in your public profile so that we can see what products you are using ....... then we can give you some advice.

Help us to help you!:wink2:

Cheers!

Sounds like you conditioned and buffed them a bit too well and the polish did not adhere.
You have to DRY the nail late before you can polish it.
You can't condition it before you polish it.
Enamel itself is very drying to the plate.
Best to leave it out if you are trying to condition nails ... use a good strengthener instead.

Nicole, please fill in your public profile so that we can see what products you are using ....... then we can give you some advice.

Help us to help you!:wink2:

Cheers!
Will do.. :green:

Sounds like you conditioned and buffed them a bit too well and the polish did not adhere.
You have to DRY the nail late before you can polish it.
You can't condition it before you polish it.
Enamel itself is very drying to the plate.
Best to leave it out if you are trying to condition nails ... use a good strengthener instead.
Sorry my fault for not explaining properly i conditioned and buffed after apply the polish, but i did clean up the nail before applying this to get rid of dust etc
Il go edit now :smack: *Duh*

Latest posts

Back