Dry cracked fingertips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soz

Reaction score
Hi guys

My hands seem to be in a really bad way at the mo. My fingertips (on the fleshy pad bit) on the thumbs, forefinger and middle finger of both hands is so rough and dry is starting to crack..it's almost like cracked heels on my fingers if you can get the picture (yuk!). As I have a new baby I'm guessing it's from having my hands in water all the time but I've also just realised, after having just done another great big pile, that ironing seems to be contributing ie handling really hot steamed clothes. They're getting so hardened I seem to be losing some of the sensitivity in them. I have been trying to slap on the handcream when I get the chance but it only last temporarily.

Can anyone recommend anything to sort them out?!

I had the exact same problem after I had my baby (7 years ago now tho).

constantly washing my hands, sterilizing fluid and not having enough time to take care of them (and then washing anything off that i`d just put on!!)

I switched to an organic soap free handwash from greenpeople - they have a website and you can also get it in sainsburys or boots - this helped no end.

when the night feeds are over you`ll be able to daub loads of cream/solar oil on at night and let them recover. if This is your first baby - it does get better but you just can`t avoid harsh chemicals for the first 12 months.

If you can get someone to take over for a while a long parrafin wax treatment would help. thats if you can keep awake!! :zzz:

sorry I can`t be more help.:sad:

I think you need something like a deep moisturising and nourising manicure, with heated mitts to get rid of all the dryness...
Many geeks on here talk about Creatives Solar products, I've never used it but it sounds ideal for your skin at the mo.

Try Solar Balm it comes in a new flat tin package (a bit like Vaseline used to) and will definitely ease your problem try giving yourself at least one minute to apply before bed.

got to agree... Solar products should sort your skin out :)
when applying your solar oil make sure you rub it into your finger pads too.
I have one client who bought the large size Solar Butter to use on her very dry hands, arms and legs, she swears by it and has seen a marked improvement, alongside this she also uses the oil on her nails and for the first time ever she has been able to grow her nails without the help of an overlay :D

Latest posts

Back