Dry face problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melliemel

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Lately my face has been so dry. I never had this problem. I don't know why it so dry now. I do use a day cream but it doesn't help. Does anyone know of a good cream or something to use?

Melissa

hi what cream are you using at the moment?
The weather is changing as well so our skin will feel more dryer

Maybe it's dehydrated not dry and that is why the oily cream isn't helping?
Otherwise if it is really dry you could add a serum to your routeen.

Some questions:

What does it seem like? e.g tight and flakey

Do you have large open pores or tight pores?

Do you ever have an oily shine on your t-zone or did you ever have a problem with spots?

Have you changed your cleanser recently?

What is your day cream's main ingredients?

my face is feeling dry lately too. I have put it down to the weather.
:hug:

I would suggest drinking more fluids,ideally 8 glasses of water a day.
Sometimes medication can make the skin dry out or if you are recovering from a cold.These are just a couple of suggestions as I know other people have replied also giving you ideas.

I use a Darphin product which is called 'hydraskin',this is lovely for dehydrated skins.It contains Pomegranite which is very moisturising.There are lots of things in the Hydraskin range to use for dry skins,serums,creams and masks.

There are lots of other products on the market to buy but the best thing would be is to go into a beauty salon and have a skin analysis done for you to see what products best suit your skin and if any lifestyle changes need to be made.HTH

Whe Im run down I always seem to get a dry forehead. Some skin products can have a neg reaction to the skin and dry it out. I try and exfoliate with a gentle facial scrub/peel and use a moisturising face mask and leave it on till it completely soaks in.

Also using a creamy cleanser can help. Sometimes if you dont dry the skin immediately after contact with water and moisturise you can end up with dehydration especially as we are starting to put the central heating on (the biggest cause of dry skin conditions). Im sorry I cant be more help, theres some great products out there but it can be a simple case of trial and error (which can be expensive).

Latest posts

Back