Dry hair cuts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalm

Reaction score
Do people still offer ladies dry cuts? I'm trying to faze them out of the salon as some people who come in havent even washed their hair but i know its going to cause an uproar with clients who do. I don't know whether to still allow these clients to have them or stand my ground and say we are no longer doing it then risk losing them as clients

Then don’t do them if you don’t want to. It doesn’t matter if other salons still offer them, you don’t have to.
Some clients will still grumble as they resent spending money on hair that constantly grows. :rolleyes:

Had you put your prices up recently? You might start to attract new clients if you update your menu as some clients will be put off by seeing dry cuts on your price list as they make certain assumptions about the quality of your work from your price list menu.

Also, just be grateful that you’re not a beautician doing intimate waxing!!! o_O :p

Then don’t do them if you don’t want to. It doesn’t matter if other salons still offer them, you don’t have to.
Some clients will still grumble as they resent spending money on hair that constantly grows. :rolleyes:

Had you put your prices up recently? You might start to attract new clients if you update your menu as some clients will be put off by seeing dry cuts on your price list as they make certain assumptions about the quality of your work from your price list menu.

Also, just be grateful that you’re not a beautician doing intimate waxing!!! o_O :p
I actually have and I have my new pricelist available in the salon and I haven't stated dry cuts on it this time so I'm hoping people don't ask. I had a lady come in recently who wasn't a client of mines who asked for a dry cut, I said we don't do them and she looked at me in disgust and walked out

I actually have and I have my new pricelist available in the salon and I haven't stated dry cuts on it this time so I'm hoping people don't ask. I had a lady come in recently who wasn't a client of mines who asked for a dry cut, I said we don't do them and she looked at me in disgust and walked out

Honestly, don’t take it personally or give her another seconds thought. She was annoyed at not getting a cheapy but she doesn’t wish you bad karma or anything. I have a ‘friend’ like this that hates paying for anything and is OTT delighted with herself if she finds the odd coin on the ground.
We can all cook to the extent of feeding ourselves but some people prefer to eat in a nice restaurant regularly and pay others to cook for them. The restaurant focuses their marketing towards those types of clients. They won’t be too concerned about clients that look at the menu and complain it’s too expensive and that they can make it cheaper themselves at home.

What I’m trying to say is concentrate your energies on happy paying clients and don’t ever feel bad that you can’t please everyone.

Also, just be grateful that you’re not a beautician doing intimate waxing!!! o_O:p
That last sentence!!!

That last sentence!!!

I’d been reading some waxing threads and they’re seriously icky compared to unwashed scalp hair.... :eek:

Latest posts

Back