Dry hair extensions, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayoak101

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m looking for some help in regards to some human hair extensions I’ve just had fitted. I don’t want to go back to the person who’s fitted them because they will be biased and most probably claim it’s my aftercare thats at fault. That’s why I thought someone on here could help me.

I have 3 rows LA weave fitted 18/22 so Blonde in colour. I’ve only had them in for 4 weeks but they are so dry at the ends. It’s making me not want to wear my hair down :(
Can anyone recommend some products that will sort this out?
I am currently using OGX shampoo and conditioner, beauty works Argan oil mask, beauty works 10 in 1 miracle spray and some morrocan oil. I’ve purchased the beauty works oil serum (the orange one) but I’ve yet to try that because I’m worried it will stain on blonde hair?
Please if anyone has any tips I would appreciate it so so so much!! Thank you so much in advance ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Honestly I would avoid beauty works after care products, their so called argan serum contains alcohol denat and as you probably know you are ment to avoid alcohol containing products with extensions. Check the ingredients for any of their other items you use as some of the shampoos even have SLS in them! I would recommend using 100% pure argan oil or Jojoba oil (make sure it's only ingredient is Jojoba oil). My Beauty works LA weave extensions were like this after one month but I managed to bring them back to life after using Jojoba oil and argan oil along with leave in conditioner and heat protect spray (alcohol free). Jojoba is the closest oil to our sebum so hair extensions drink it up and you only need a few drops!!

Try not to feel disheartened they just need some moisture back in them lovely and they will come back to normal!!

Where are you based if you can get it you should try the Revolution Plex 3, I recommend it to my clients as it makes their hair like absolute silk after use!! (And it is an absolute steal aswell - around £10 for 250ml

Latest posts

Back