Dry hair extensions...please help!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I had hair extensions put in on the 15th July and they looked great, i did all my research found someone with experience to put them in and bought decent hair (or so i thought) etc. Well 2 weeks on and i ready to take them out myself!!! They have gone really dry and looked knotty even after i've just brushed them. I've use conditioner everytime i wash my hair but i've also tried racoon leave in conditioner and a hair masque and nothing seems to be working, is there any other products i could try that would help or should i just have them taken out? I'm really dissappointed because they looked great the first few days :cry:.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks very much :)

Do you know the origin of the hair? European and Asian hair should be treated very differently.
I personally only deal with Asian hair so can only comment upon that...
Asian hair is far thicker than our european hair and when 1st applied is smooth and soft because it have been chemically straightned etc. This means after the 1st wash you will notice a dramatic difference in the hairs texture. It will feel thick and easily knotty, not a problem but you need to know how to deal with the differences.
To keep the condition up on the hair you must from the start only useing hair extension products such as x-10, racoon etc.
I would recommend at this point to invest in such products and to help with the tangling use 'catwalk fast fixx', spray on to the hair wet and brush through this will dramagically help with the knotting.
PM me if you need anymore help, more than happy to do so.

Thanks very much loads of hair :biggrin: will try ur reccommendations and get back to if i need anymore help :D

You could try the Aussie 3 minute miracle Reconstructor it is supposed to revive the hair.

aussie_3_minute_miracle_reconstructor_3758.jpg

I have good comments from clients who have used this product.

Thanks Lancarshirelass i'll give it a go :)

Also, just a thought, check that none of the products that you are using on your extension hair do not contain protien! This can, especially with european hair, bloat the hair causing it to swell and tear the cuticles. It's fine to use on natural hair, but for extensions it should be avoided at all costs!

Maybe check in at your local reputable extensionist salon for a blowdry or two, and get them to talk you through how they do it, making sure you use a soft bristled brush when it's dry, and don't pull and tug at it while it's wet, as this will also tear the hair!

hth

You could try some aussie miracle moist, or the 1 minute miracle treatment. I use this on my hair extensions and it is great. Also run the hair straighteners over your hair slowly and use a protective heat spray to stop them drying out too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Artav from Australia do a great hair product range for hair extensions called X-Ten. It has a shampoo, conditioner, reconstructor and split ends cream...should do the trick for you
regards
Jonathan

Latest posts

Back