Dry hair extensions-what would you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aimee06

Reaction score
Hi guy,
Just looking for some advice. I fitted a LA weave around 3 weeks ago, after a week the client said the hair had gone really dry so I went to have a look. I got the client to do a conditioning treatment before I got there. I dried and straighten the after and it was fine. However she says in between washing it goes dry. She's contacted me again to say it's really dry again, I don't really want to keep going back every week to wash n style it. She's thinking of having them out what would you do? When I styled the hair it seemed fine, she's using the right products as I gave them her and putting her hair up at night.
Do you think I should replace the hair?

Could it be a bad batch of hair extensions? x
Hi guy,
Just looking for some advice. I fitted a LA weave around 3 weeks ago, after a week the client said the hair had gone really dry so I went to have a look. I got the client to do a conditioning treatment before I got there. I dried and straighten the after and it was fine. However she says in between washing it goes dry. She's contacted me again to say it's really dry again, I don't really want to keep going back every week to wash n style it. She's thinking of having them out what would you do? When I styled the hair it seemed fine, she's using the right products as I gave them her and putting her hair up at night.
Do you think I should replace the hair?
Could it be a bad batch of hair extensions? Maybe contact your supplier? x

Could it be a bad batch of hair extensions? x

Could it be a bad batch of hair extensions? Maybe contact your supplier? x
The supplier take no responsibility for this.... As soon as the pack is open they will not refund you. I am looking for a new weft supplier,it's just hard to find someone with a good range of weights and colours. I guess I have no choice but to provide new hair for the client.

Have you asked the supplier? Most will accept liability if you contact them within a few weeks of purchase.

Maybe shes just unable to manage it? If it is ok after you style it? Just a thought.

The supplier do not accept any liability once the hair has been fitted and obviously it looked fine straight out of the packet, she has sent me pictures and it does look dry. Surely after doing a conditioning treatment and using all the right products it shouldn't go back dry after 2 days?

Is she using too much product?

Is she using too much product?
Even a bad batch of hair extensions will look nice for a short while then go dry and rubbish. Maybe if you send a sample to the supplier they can test it? I have heard that most suppliers will do this. Is she drying it after washing or leaving it to dry naturally, my hair extension went horrible when I left them to dry naturally (once when i didn't have the energy to dry them) never made that mistake again!

She is doing everything as I told her to do.... I honestly think it's the hair.

It sounds like this client is unable to manage / smooth out extensions . Maybe apply a few layers? I have had this problem with clients who can not manage the extra hair! Send some off to your supplier as a piece of mind? I really like the SJK wefts customers usually get 6 months from them.

I had the exact same problem with sjk they won't take any responsibility for their poor quality hair. I contacted them and they blamed everything from me fitting them, shampoo and conditioner and the client styling them. My client was a hairdresser and looked after them well. After one wash the hair wash awful, I contacted sjk just to be constantly messed about. I highly recommend Holsam, but look on here at good reviews but also keep in mind that a few geeks are from sjk, if you read their posts you'll soon click onto who they are xx

hmmm the reviews on SJK aren't that great. I used them once as the lady i was fitting them for said she liked them (she also does hair extensions and use them), i didnt want to risk it though

Thanks everyone, yes I've guessed a few people were working for SJK on here as I don't understand how anyone can be that pleased with the hair and how a company can let loyal customers loose out on Money is horrendous. I will continue to use Transform for my premium hair and continue a search for a budget range.
Ps I've received a Russian weft from Transform today and the hair is incredibly so soft and thick, I would recommend to anyone who is thinking of ordering xx

hmmm the reviews on SJK aren't that great. I used them once as the lady i was fitting them for said she liked them (she also does hair extensions and use them), i didnt want to risk it though
I really wouldn't bother with them such a waste of time and money

Thanks everyone, yes I've guessed a few people were working for SJK on here as I don't understand how anyone can be that pleased with the hair and how a company can let loyal customers loose out on Money is horrendous. I will continue to use Transform for my premium hair and continue a search for a budget range.
Ps I've received a Russian weft from Transform today and the hair is incredibly so soft and thick, I would recommend to anyone who is thinking of ordering xx

Hair planet are great for a budget range xx

Transform Mongolian is really cheap anyway why do you need an even cheaper range? I always think you're just waiting on a bad batch when you go for really cheap.

Hair planet are great for a budget range xx

Second that! I fitted a client with 2 packs of hair planet weft in January and 2 weeks ago we removed them! They had been in continously (refitted every y weeks) for 9 months. You will easily get 4-6 months out of it xx

I fitted a full head of transform Mongolian today the hair came in at an affordable price and its stunning! Hairy geek is right it's not too bad on price tbh for the quality of it can we say what price the sjk & transform is on here?

Latest posts

Back