Dry pedicure info needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat27Bro

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm aiming to work as a mobile nail tech offering various services which will include a pedicure. I want to provide a good service, and I'm thinking of doing my treatment water less. Is there any type of foot scrub or similar that can be used without water and having to wash the product off? Please forgive me if this is a really stupid question, as I doubt there is any such thing but it doesnt harm to just check anyway. Thanks in advance xx

A good sloughing lotion could be used. Any residue removed with warm moist towels.

Ah ok, I'll look into that. The only issue with it though, is as I'm mobile, how would I have moist warm towels?

If there is hard skin to remove, you could offer a Callus Peel treatment?

I'm new to this, however was looking at going mobile too and have come across the balbcare pedicure socks which look like a good alternative to soaking feet especially for mobile use.

Ah ok, I'll look into that. The only issue with it though, is as I'm mobile, how would I have moist warm towels?
Perhaps an insulated container with heated gel packs. They are microwaveable.
As for the callous removal, I use a metal paddle with removable pads. They work fine wet or dry. The file pads come in coarse and fine grits.
I’m in the US, so I’m assuming that the item is available in UK.

As for the callous removal, I use a metal paddle with removable pads. They work fine wet or dry. The file pads come in coarse and fine grits.
If there is hard skin to remove, you could offer a Callus Peel treatment?
Yes, that could be a good addition. Thank you

That's really helpful, thank you. I'm going to have a look into that now x

I'm new to this, however was looking at going mobile too and have come across the balbcare pedicure socks which look like a good alternative to soaking feet especially for mobile use.
I'm going to look for these now 😁 thank you

Would your mobile clients not have access to a water supply? Surely they would let you run a bowl of warm water? Also you're going to need to wash your hands before doing any treatment so they'll have to let you use a sink/basin.

Yes, there would be access to water, but I am going to perform dry pedicures and manicures because a gel application with be included also. Plus, the dry treatments mean I will have less equipment which just makes it a bit easier

at the very least, a bowl of hot water for a pedicure imo

Last edited:
I've been mobile for 10 years and offer both options; gel pedis with or without the full pedicure with foot soak etc.
Gel toes is just the toe nails with dry prep.
Gel toes + luxury pedicure you put the gel on first after dry prepping the nails, then do a foot soak, exfoliation, massage after.
I have a pink plastic rectangular bowl (washing up bowl basically) & it's really no problem to fill it & do a soak in clients home.
Some people (with nice soft feet 😉) only want the toe nails doing but for others that have dry & hard skin, think youll find they want the full shebang.

It’s fine to do a full pedicure with a foot soak so long as you make sure the feet are completely dry and the nails dehydrated before you apply the gel polish. I have been mobile for 12 years and I do this regularly. In fact all my gel pedicures now involve a foot soak. Just make sure you don’t put cream on until the end of the pedicure.

I've been mobile for 10 years and offer both options; gel pedis with or without the full pedicure with foot soak etc.
Gel toes is just the toe nails with dry prep.
Gel toes + luxury pedicure you put the gel on first after dry prepping the nails, then do a foot soak, exfoliation, massage after.
I have a pink plastic rectangular bowl (washing up bowl basically) & it's really no problem to fill it & do a soak in clients home.
Some people (with nice soft feet 😉) only want the toe nails doing but for others that have dry & hard skin, think youll find they want the full shebang.
This is really helpful thank you

It’s fine to do a full pedicure with a foot soak so long as you make sure the feet are completely dry and the nails dehydrated before you apply the gel polish. I have been mobile for 12 years and I do this regularly. In fact all my gel pedicures now involve a foot soak. Just make sure you don’t put cream on until the end of the pedicure.
Thank you for the info, it's really helpful x

Latest posts

Back