Drying acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingbat

Reaction score
Did a set of acrylics today and they seemed to take for ever to dry. One or two may have had a more wet texture. Is there anyway of drying them faster?:confused:

To be honest, if the consistency is right, they should be dry enough to buff by the time you've done them all.

Little tip: Laminate a sheet of paper and practice your beads. You'll be able to see if they spread too much and are therefore too wet. HTH. xxx

You are possibly working too wet,but the room temp plays a part too.

Hth's x

I too would say you are working too wet mate, by the time you have applied product to all 10 nails they should be ready to file/buff.

Teri x:hug:

I too would say you are working too wet mate, by the time you have applied product to all 10 nails they should be ready to file/buff.

Teri x:hug:
Have to agree with what's been said, however if you apply Solar oil immediately after applying acrylic it will speed up the cure to hard time I believe. I use this routine if I just have to fix one or two nails.

yes your working too wet hun but as said before if your doing one nail cover it in oil this 'suffercates' the product making it dry faster x

yes your working too wet hun but as said before if your doing one nail cover it in oil this 'suffercates' the product making it dry faster x

Thanks for that tip, I will give it a go on a nail tip, or a willing victim.:lol:

Certain acrylics can take longer to dry, I found when using ez flow high definition in a cold room on someone with cold hands it seemed to take forever to set. x x x

All the above is correct. Maybe a combination of a cold room and too wet a mix.

One thing you never do is attempt to speed up the reaction (drying time) using any kind of a heat source (lamp or hair drier etc.). Doing this causes excesive and sometimes painful shrinkage.

The reason that SolarOil can speed up the drying time, is that applying the oil makes a barrier between the product and the oxygen in the air. Oxygen can inhibit the cure. Under normal conditions, this makes little diffrerence if the air temp is ambient and your mix ratio is correct.

I can see by your profile that you use nsi. I did my nail technology course using nsi L&P and always found it took ages to dry. I was even taught to tap the finished nail with the end of my brush to check it sounded dry!! Since using Retention+ I've found that by the time I've finished the pinkie on the left hand, the right hand is set and dry. Does anyone else using nsi have a problem with drying?

Didn't have a problem with drying but tried some of the white from the classic range and found that I had problems with gray patches:eek: Something I'd never had with creative.

Latest posts

Back