Dull brassy hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vixen100

Reaction score
Every time i have bleach highlights me hair looks bright and ashy which is what i love.

I know that obviously with highlights after a few days they tone down a liitle and are not so bright and this is fine.

But i have been having my hair highlighted for years and after a couple of weeks it just goes a horrible brassy, dull and not very blonde at all. I know i have quite a lot of warmth in my hair and i use blonde shampoos and matrix so silver and lots of toners mostly a matrix semi 10 a. But nothing seems to lift it.

It is really depressing as i always see other girls hair and it is always really white bright looking.

i cant really understand as surely with bleach the colur is sripped out so surely their is a way of getting it back to being bright and white inbetween highlighting it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I used to get brassy tones in my hair until i started using andrew collinge products and have never looked back. tigi products are also excellent but i tend to onyl buy them as a treat. other blonding shampoos dont keep my hair light blond, i think its just a case of trying several until you find one that works well.

I also know my hairdresser had to play around with a few products until she got the right mix for my hair.

tigi

ok thanks when you say andrew collinge do you mean shampoo or is there something specific?:lol:

I have the "white" affect... I always shampoo in so silver and the toner i find works best is the matrix SPV.. its in colour sync (they always get confused when ordering this)
it works well and always cleans hair up xx

Toni & Guy do a shampoo which is blue in colour and is EXCELLENT.

Also for a more long term refresh try using Wella Colourfresh in Silver (I think it's 888). It's a wash in toner that removes gold/brass tones and lasts for 7-8 shampoos. :hug:

yes the andrew collinge shampoo and conditioner for blond hair. aveda also do one blue malve i think its called and that has always helped to keep the brassiness at bay.

Also a good one I have found is the John Frieda range.
John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone Booster, its a 3 min tone booster, (its purple in colour) you use it before your conditioner, after shampooing and to be honest I have tried other professional brands i.e colorfresh 0/88 silver which also is good. But for a 3 min "fix" it makes my blonde very pale and bright.

i used a new one this morning and its was great, andrew barton repair mask, come in a blue packet, it smells divine!

and even my hubbie noticed that my hair was lighter and brighter. (now that is a miracle).

Latest posts

Back