Dull Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S86

Reaction score
Hi lovelies,
I have 1 client (just the 1) who always seem to end up with dull nails. I use the CND LED lamp. I always check her hand positioning and have waited for her nails to cool before wiping the tacky layer etc. All other clients seem ok.
Does anyone else experience this or have any clue why it could be happening? When she's had to go elsewhere when she can't get in with me they seem shiny as hell. Thank god she keeps coming back!

Hmm strange one :)

What do you use to cleanse the top film? Describe your procedure, do you use one pad per hand ?

Are her nails long?

What top coat are you using?

I use d sperse but I only use one pad for both hands. Could it be the lint free wipes? Im yet to find reasonably priced ones I like. I use the CND Xpress top coat and I've tried applying it thinner and thicker.
She keeps her nails short.

I'm stumped too. I'm desperate to get that high shine! I don't understand why it's so dull

Have you been shaking your top coat properly? Make sure you give it a good shake before applying. And shake all other coat bottles aswell.

Also I got opi lint free pads from Amazon that are great - quite stiff but never had any problem with little strands coming off. I usually use one pad per hand.

try a plastic backed pad soaked in Dsperse, Split up the pad in your minds eye like a pizza, and use a separate portion of the pad for each finger

It's possible to transfer the top film from one nail to another if only using one pad per hand, and that could be what is causing them to look dull :)

Latest posts

Back