Dull spots in top coat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisber

Reaction score
Hya! Im recently qualified and using The Gel Bottle inc products- non wipe top coat. On the last two sets,ive noticed that ive had a couple of dull spots appear... any ideas? I wondered if the IPA hadn't dried before i applied top coat, altho on one set I hadn't used alcohol as only did a base and shiny top? Cured for 60 secs in Sun LED lamp. I dont want this happening on real clients as it does spoil the look of the nails! Thanks in advance!

Is it just a standard gel mani? Just wondering while you are wiping with IPA prior to topcoat x

Hya! I did with one set as id used builder gel and filed it👍🏻

I don't use TGB products, I use CJP. With their topcoat, you need to leave it too cool for about 60s before you touch it as it can dull. Maybe wait a little longer before you touch them or apply cuticle oil?

Also, I avoid wet products completely, so no IPA. I sanitise right at the start, but once I've prepped, etched and dehydrated, those nails need to stay completely dry. If you've got dust on the nails after filing the builder, use a rough nail brush instead of IPA

I don't use TGB products, I use CJP. With their topcoat, you need to leave it too cool for about 60s before you touch it as it can dull. Maybe wait a little longer before you touch them or apply cuticle oil?
Thanks so much!
Also, I avoid wet products completely, so no IPA. I sanitise right at the start, but once I've prepped, etched and dehydrated, those nails need to stay completely dry. If you've got dust on the nails after filing the builder, use a rough nail brush instead of IPA

Thanks so much!!

Hya! I did with one set as id used builder gel and filed it👍🏻

Ooh then yeah maybe it was not leaving it to dry/evaporate long enough. Also remember you dont need to saturate your cotton pad with alcohol just a bit x

Oh thanks! Il b careful next time and just have to do a bit of trial and error! Only other thing is if im not quite putting it on thick enough🤷‍♀️

Oh thanks! Il b careful next time and just have to do a bit of trial and error! Only other thing is if im not quite putting it on thick enough🤷‍♀️

I don't think putting it on too thin would cause this. Too thick might as it might not have fully cured.

Hey I’ve had problems with The Gel Bottle top coat, we got rid of it and we now have Glitter bells topcoat - it’s so good! Quite thick but lasts ages and is super glossy and cheaper!
I think The Gel Bottle is over rated…. It’s good but there’s certain issues I’ve been having like this and black dots with lighter colours

Latest posts

Back