Dumb question, gel capping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachbubbles

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
So I’m new to the world of gel polish and acrylics.
But i recently saw some tips done at a salon and they were topped off with gel polish. Now when I learnt gel polish they said you should cap the end as the gel shrinks.. also finishes the treatment off.

However this woman now has acrylic tips with gel polish and big white lines at the end of the nail ‍♀️I understand that polish will wear off but I just didn’t think that was a good finish?

Am I wrong? [emoji28]

No you're right, you should ensure the ends are covered with product, not because of shrinkage specifically but to stop the glaring white bits on the end and to ensure a better seal so no lifting/chipping/etc. More importantly I'd be concerned about the thickness of the free edge of the enhancements, they should be buffed during final finishing to a thin edge so they don't look like bricks.

No you're right, you should ensure the ends are covered with product, not because of shrinkage specifically but to stop the glaring white bits on the end and to ensure a better seal so no lifting/chipping/etc. More importantly I'd be concerned about the thickness of the free edge of the enhancements, they should be buffed during final finishing to a thin edge so they don't look like bricks.

Thankyou that’s helpful because I was wondering what to expect with my own training [emoji51]
I will make a mental note to always cap off [emoji108]

Latest posts

Back