Dumped by a client for £10 nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkeedee

Reaction score
Am feeling a bit hurt by one of my regular clients that has been with me since i started just over a year ago. She text me last night to say sorry but she was getting her nails done by a friend who does them for a tenner! She went on to say they were not very good and nowhere near as good as mine but they were cheap. She said she was really going to miss me, feels like a traitor etc.
I've just seen her nails and toes on facebook and i can't believe she is going to go out in public with nails like that. They are smudged and messy to say the least.
When i did rockstar and crystal toes etc for her I always made sure they were absolutely perfect, not a stray piece of glitter in sight. Makes me think i should have just slapped stuff on willy nilly and charged her a fiver. I even gave her discounts on her treatments for being so loyal.
Sorry for whinging, just needed to offload :sad:

Send her a note in 2 months time saying clients are like old friends and you hate to see her go but will welcome her back whenever she would like to return. This is what we always did when a client left (for whatever reason) and you would be surprised how many returned .. all they need is an invite.

Geeg said exactly what I was thinking and phrased it oh so better.

Hugs

Thank you ladies, I replied to her text last night and said she would always be welcome to come back and if she was ever passing to call in for a coffee. I didn't feel like being so friendly but thought that was the professional thing to do x

Aww, poor you. But you have done the very best thing.:hug:

Thanks Nickie, hopefully she'll get fed up of comedy nails and come back :)

aweeeee hun that's awful I've seen what pride you take in doing your nails. if she dunt come back or come for the cuppa her loss I will just nip round for a cuppa instead :biggrin:

She might feel like she wants to support her friend for a while if she's just qualified maybe?

But I think you definitely did the classy thing and I hope she comes back when she's sick of her nails looking rubbish.

I really feel sorry for you, it's horrible when this happens. I have only been doing nails for a few months now and really take it to heart when my ladies don't come back to me or start going somewhere else. I am finding the market so competative in terms of pricing, people charging so little and I look at them and think 'god those look absolutely terrible' but some people really only care about saving money and not how their fingers look :( hope your lady comes back to you soon x

She'll be back, sometimes clients have to leave to know what service they really get. Try not to get disheartened, believe in your skill set and the service you offer. X

Send her a note in 2 months time saying clients are like old friends and you hate to see her go but will welcome her back whenever she would like to return. This is what we always did when a client left (for whatever reason) and you would be surprised how many returned .. all they need is an invite.

I love this!!!

Sorry to hear it Hun, but was she having her nails done before she moved to you when you qualified?
It may seem like she dumped you, but maybe you should think of this lady as a helping hand (no puns please :p) like Mary poppins and nanny McPhee, "when you need me I will say, when you want me but no longer need me I have to go" minus the dont want me part from the first part.
She came when you were new and needed practice, now you are awesometastic she is moving on to help another new person out xoxo

Sorry to hear it Hun, but was she having her nails done before she moved to you when you qualified?
It may seem like she dumped you, but maybe you should think of this lady as a helping hand (no puns please :p) like Mary poppins and nanny McPhee, "when you need me I will say, when you want me but no longer need me I have to go" minus the dont want me part from the first part.
She came when you were new and needed practice, now you are awesometastic she is moving on to help another new person out xoxo
Aww i love 'Nanny Mcphee'. Thats a good way of looking at it, i suppose if one of my friends started hairdressing i would feel like i should support her and let her cut my hair when she qualified (and then if she was really bad i would sneak off back to my old hairdresser and grovel for forgiveness ha) x

Just a little update. My client that dumped me for her friends '£10 nails' has just text me to book for xmas crystal toes and rockstar!! :)

Ha ha brilliant x

Just a little update. My client that dumped me for her friends '£10 nails' has just text me to book for xmas crystal toes and rockstar!! :)

I hope your prices have gone up - if you've been trading for over a year just £1 increase won't go amiss and sends the message that your work is good and you aren't afraid to increase your prices.

x

Haha I'm so glad she came back! It really is a kick in the teeth when that happens! Well done for being so professional chicken xxxx

Haha I'm so glad she came back! It really is a kick in the teeth when that happens! Well done for being so professional chicken xxxx
Aww thank you, sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and be nice even though you really want to tell em to sod off ha x

Thank you for the hearts and kind words peeps, much appreciated :) xx

Glad to hear this, you handled the situation really well, remained professional and got your client back. Well done.

Latest posts

Back